US and coalition military forces count on Viasat for secure networking systems and services that deliver reliable, affordable communications beyond the reach of traditional networks. During the chaos of combat, war fighters need fast, secure communications and instant access to information. Viasat helps war fighters and commanders access and share trusted intel from any location to make better decisions faster. As the world's leading experts in high-capacity satellite communications, military-grade cyber security, and line-of-sight data links, we apply fearless innovation, unconventional thinking, and ingenuity to bring game-changing, life-saving capabilities to war fighters on the battlefield. No matter where the mission goes across air, land, or sea, Viasat keeps service members connected with real-time access to video, voice, and data communications.
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working with cutting-edge networking technologies? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can make a difference? If so, come join our Secure Network Solutions team as a System Integration and Test Engineer and be integral to supporting new and existing secure network solutions. We are developing technology and products that are revolutionizing the secure communications industry by providing unprecedented speed and capabilities to our customers across the globe.
In this role you will help test encrypted communications systems including Layer 2 and Layer 3 In-line Network Encryptors, and embedded cryptographic devices. You will interface and collaborate with system, software, and hardware engineers as new capabilities are developed and transitioned into service. In addition, you will provide support to service engineering to help support operational networks when support is required from development or test.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
* 8+ years integration and test experience plus 2+ years of leadership experience.
* Experience with testing or administration of networking (TCP, UDP, Multicast, etc.) and network devices.
* Knowledge and experience with a programming or scripting language (i.e. Python, C/C++, Java, Perl, or other)
* U.S. Government position. U.S. Citizenship required.
* Ability to travel up to 10%
* Must have a secret clearance
* Linux/Unix experience.
* DOORS Database requirements system experience.
* Object-oriented programming experience.
* Knowledge of Cisco networking equipment.
* Experience with automated software test development.
* Experience with Network Traffic Generator Equipment such as Ixia, Spirent, or Adtech.
Are you ready to take the next step forward in your Engineering career? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at Viasat. We look forward to hearing from you.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
Years of experience:
8 plus years
Up to 10%
US Citizenship Required
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.