Bigger challenges. Bolder ideas. Global impact. At Viasat, we're on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. We're the company behind the world's fastest satellite internet service, with technology that's helping to bridge the digital divide and improve life for our customers around the globe. By providing powerful new ways for people to connect with one another, gain greater access to education, entertainment, medical research, commerce, and much more, our team is empowering millions of customers worldwide.
We're growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join our team and connect the world to more. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Our team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world's first truly global Internet Service Provider. Interested in joining our mission? Take a look at career opportunities at Viasat today.
In this Systems Integration and Test Engineer position, you will be working on programs and projects that provide full end-to-end system solutions to support over-the-air satellite connectivity. You will be responsible for the development and execution of system integration plans; the identification, documentation, and troubleshooting of problems, as well as the verification of potential solutions. You will be involved with efforts that will force you to have strong troubleshooting skills and will work with multidisciplinary teams (RF, digital hardware, software) in development, integration, and deployment of terminals and systems.
Your day to day work will involve getting hands-on with many different sub-systems in order to integrate new features as well as troubleshoot problems. This will include being able to attack problems manually (jumping on in real time to diagnose problems quickly) as well as understanding the system well enough to build automated tests around the features to catch problems before they hit production.
* Working with test documentation including writing and executing test plans
* Automating existing tests and designing new automation tools and scripts
* Ability to work with many groups to drive troubleshooting efforts
* Bachelors or Masters in STEM field - Math, Physics, Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science.
* Experience using Linux/Unix
* Experience with various programming languages such as Python, TCL, Matlab
* Experience with automated software frameworks (expect, Pexpect)
* Network troubleshooting experience (network protocols, tcpdump/Wireshark, network traffic generation iperf/Ixia)
* Digital communications and SATCOM experience
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 10%
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.