System Engineer/ Project Engineer- SIGINT and EW-TS/SCI Required
Req #: 222845
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI
As a Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for engaging in design, development, test and delivery of our solutions in support of advanced development programs. You will be working within multi-disciplinary hardware, software, system integration, and data analysis/collection teams who are creating systems in support of the Department of Defense and other Intelligence Community agencies. You will translate customer requirements into technical requirements and specifications while coordinating our cross-functional development team to ensure we continue to deliver timely and impactful products to our customers, participating in field test events as necessary. You'll get to work on next-generation advanced electronic warfare and signals intelligence systems, working on the cutting edge of technology. Offices for this position are in Sterling, VA OR Austin, TX.
More about this Role:
* Work closely with Program and Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) to ensure execution of near and long term technical objectives.
* Work with and lead coordination of multidisciplinary technical teams.
* Create technical content of white paper and proposal development as needed.
* Lead technical execution of a small to mid-sized enterprise project. This includes defining and tracking activities ranging from systems engineering, software/hardware development, test/QA and final deployment on customer platforms and includes cost and schedule responsibilities.
* Own cost-schedule-performance-risk of assigned projects.
* Manage risks, identify issues, and develop mitigation plans.
* Generate polished briefings to support and lead engineering design reviews such as System Requirements Reviews (SRR), Design Reviews (PDR/CDR) and Program Management Reviews (PMRs).
* Develop and/or gather information to generate technical documents and reports necessary to support deliverables.
* Produce/author derived system requirements and system specifications from High Level Mission Requirements.
* Perform engineering tradeoffs analysis and develop Course(s) of Action (COAs) using existing constraints/guidelines.
* Lead the establishment and continuing coordination of Development Operations (DevOps) pipelines for product teams.
* Spearhead continuous process improvement while exhibiting the ability to identify waste in the system and improve the overall process efficiency.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance.
* Bachelor's degree in an STEM discipline (Engineering - Electrical, Mechanical, Aerospace, Software, Math, Physics) from an accredited University.
* Minimum 5 years of professional experience working with a DoD organization or as in industry provider.
* Understanding of Radio Frequency (RF) systems, propagation, and receiver performance.
* Experience designing and developing Software Defined Radios (SDRs).
* Basic understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) principles.
* Strong physics, mathematical, and/or statistical background.
* Systems Engineering experience inclusive of design, development, integration, testing and deployment of a hardware/software system or subsystem for one or more customers.
* Demonstrated experience running the technical execution of concurrent projects, including technical leadership, planning, organizing, staffing, and reporting through all phases of the projects.
* Experience conducting and documenting analysis of alternatives and trade studies to support evaluation of technical trade-offs and decision making.
* Strong knowledge of system engineering fundamentals (e.g. V-model and DoD architectural framework).
* Collaborative team-centric mindset and willingness to learn and grow and stretch beyond normal comfort zones with a positive mindset.
* Strong listening skills and attention to detail.
* Willingness to learn and willingness to mentor team members.
* Must be self-motivated with good interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
* Experience throughout an entire hardware/software product development lifecycle.
* Exposure to standard DoD System Engineering Process and terms such as Interface Control Documents (ICDs), System Requirements Documents (SRD), Capability Development Documents (CDDs), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Customer Acceptance, Program Management Review (PMR).
* Experience in a DoD Prime Contractor capacity.
* Experience of subsystem integration into a large system (e.g. aircraft, ground vehicle, ship).
* Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering.
* Experience with iterative development lifecycle methodologies such as Agile/Scrum or Kanban.
* Exposure to unmanned or manned C4ISR systems and or principles.
* Exposure to GPS systems/INS Systems.
* Exposure to SIGINT Systems.
* Exposure to networking principles and or experience with classified networks.
* Understanding of the certification and accreditation process for classified networks.
* Exposure and or interest in Project Management PMP and experience with EVMS.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.