System Engineer - Linux
Req #: 190033714
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As an experienced Infrastructure Engineering professional, you'll be making decisions of a global and strategic nature that impact our customers, clients, and businesses around the globe. Your expertise in analyzing complex data systems, anticipating problems, and finding ways to mitigate risk, will be key in leading a high performing team to successfully design and navigate the program roadmap. By incorporating your knowledge of business drivers, you will affect change and lead development of innovative improvements and world-class practices. Your team will be responsible for driving results, and implementing multiple, complex programs that span the breadth of the business, and they'll look to you to provide the technical leadership to move them forward. And while you will be part of a tight-knit team that shares your passion for technology, you'll also gain access the best minds in the business-both as part of the JPMorgan Chase & Co. global technology community, and through our partnerships with some of the most important tech firms in the world.
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* At least 5+ years' experience with a high level of proficiency in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (preferably in financial services)
* Experience with automation tools, such as Puppet and Ansible
* Ability to debug and optimize systems and automate routine tasks.
* Experience with production support of highly available applications
* Knowledge of AIX, SAN, TCP/IP, DNS , VMWare, YUM, and clustering technology (VCS) is highly desirable
* Experience with system performance monitoring and capacity management
* Proficient in one of programming languages ( PERL, Python and shell scripting)
* SRE mindset Culture/Approaches: To run better production systems by creating engineering solutions to operational problems
* Knowledge of cloud technologies
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced knowledge in the following key areas: Hardware Architecture (performance testing, monitoring, operations), Design (compliance, security)
* Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design, performance and monitoring, best practices and JPMC policies
* Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple IT projects on time and within budget
* Ability to articulate to more experienced management a technical strategy in clear, concise, understandable terms
* Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment with constantly changing priorities.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.