TrueBlue, the people company, has a Systems Engineer III position open in their corporate office in downtown Tacoma.
TrueBlue is looking for a talented senior engineer that is proficient in on-premise technologies as well as cloud. Below is a short list of the skills we are looking for:
* Group Policy
Duties will include, but aren't limited to, cloud migration, system administration, domain consolidation, storage administration, etc.
The TrueBlue mission is to be a force for good by connecting people and work. We currently put someone to work every 8 seconds on a worldwide basis. We count 250 of the U.S. Fortune 500 as our clients and placed over 750,000 people with paying work in 2018.
As one strong team, we are redefining how people find work via technological innovations spanning the AWS cloud, high velocity CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure as code (IAC), machine learning and innovative AI-based approaches automating classical recruiting processes. Our technology vision is to automate our global infrastructure via a complete migration to the AWS cloud, which is currently underway.
As a member of the TrueBlue Technology organization you will play a key role in designing, implementing and realizing a complete technology transformation on a global scale that will materially transform the staffing and recruiting industries in the U.S. and abroad. This is an opportunity to join one of the few mid-sized public companies in the Puget Sound that has global scale and reach, while also providing access to the resources needed to drive meaningful technology innovation - and make a difference as an individual contributor.
TrueBlue, Inc. (NYSE:TBI) is a leading global provider of industrial staffing and outsourcing solutions through three business units: PeopleReady, PeopleScout, and PeopleManagement.
* PeopleReady, an industry leader providing on-demand and skilled labor in retail, manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, energy, construction, hospitality, and energy industries.
* PeopleScout, a leader in Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) solutions provides high-volume permanent employee recruitment process outsourcing and management of outsourced labor service providers.
* PeopleManagement provides on-premise contingent staffing and on-premise management of those contingent staffing services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
* Performs various system engineering tasks across all platforms, which will include current Microsoft product sets, application stacks and operating systems in a highly virtualized environment
* Develops, configures, and documents all aspects of systems and services to ensure systems availability and data integrity
* Makes recommendations for purchase or upgrade of server computer infrastructure
* Prepares concepts for IT solutions and helps to evaluate the effectiveness of these concepts
* Position requires participation in an after-hours on-call rotation to service the data center and assist with incident handling for the purpose of ensuring the daily functions of TrueBlue's data center(s)
* Experience determining methods and procedures on new assignments, and providing guidance and training if necessary to other personnel.
* Have and maintain an in-depth technical understanding of and be able to install, configure, operate, and maintain the following systems and software and related platform services
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Microsoft Operating Systems and/or Linux Operating Systems (CentOs)
* Management Solutions (SCOM, SCCM, Nagios, Zabbix)
* Storage Area Network based technologies (basic understanding)
* VMWare and a highly virtualized environment
* Hardware (HP/Cisco UCS) blades, chassis, monolithics, and supporting devices
* Understanding of common protocols and configurations (DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP)
* Other technologies as required
* Ability to communicate with the Networking team through a good understanding of Networking related terms and technologies
* Facilitate lite projects in relation to Systems Administration which may or may not involve coordination of other personnel resources
* Work closely with project managers in order to meet deliverables
* Create and maintain standards to be used by the Systems Administration Team and potentially others throughout the corporation
* Other duties may be assigned
REQUIREMENTS include the following:
* Bachelor's Degree in related field and 6 years of IT experience as a System Engineer or a minimum of 8 years of related IT experience, including 6 years as a System Engineer; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
* Related experience with a multi-unit and geographically disbursed organization
* Ability to effectively interact and build relationships with a diverse employee population
* Desire to work in a collaborative team environment
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Strong organizational skills.
* ITIL Framework understanding and working knowledge of concepts
* Ability to comply with SOX related policies and procedures
TrueBlue employs nearly 7000 professionals and provides a competitive benefits package, including: Company-matching 401(k); Employee Stock Purchase Program; Tuition Reimbursement; generous vacation benefits including flexibility to take time off, College Savings Fund; and comprehensive Health and Welfare coverage including Medical/Dental/Vision.
We offer a flexible job-commuting environment for both S. Puget Sound (Tacoma) and Seattle-area candidates looking to join our team and be part of re-defining the staffing and recruiting industry via technology-driven innovation.
We expect everyone on the team to gain basic-to-advanced technology certifications (AWS, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc.) and provide the necessary training materials, work flexibility for studying and reimbursement for testing fees in support of gaining accreditation.
Corporate values of integrity and respect, and our ability to exceed client expectations distinguish TrueBlue as an employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.