Aon is looking for a System Engineer
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our re-insurance team, in Chicago, IL. As a system engineer, you will report directly to the Director of Software Development and will not have direct reports.
Your impact as a System Engineer
* Support internal and external clients with product deployment and post deployment support activities.
* Work with AON IT team to manage hardware in Data Center and AWS cloud.
* Contribute in gathering hardware requirements for the team.
* Develop ability to be single point of contact for external and internal client's IT issues.
* Planning and managing IT infrastructure and Databases in complex mix of Data Center and Cloud setup.
* Perform regular Data management activities which includes backup/archive/restore and regular maintenance.
* Act as the single point of contact for our internal and external clients to provide ELEMENTS (our product) deployment and operational support.
* Troubleshoot client's issue with product deployment and provide resolution to the client's satisfaction.
* Familiarity with networking and firewall troubleshooting.
* Investigate client questions and collaborate with other team members to resolve the issue and communicate status to client
* Help team members fulfil their IT needs.
* Participate in architecture and designing of database development using SQL Server.
* Become advanced user of SQL and Excel for data mining and manipulation.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* At least 2 years of hands-on IT experience in area of hardware, product deployment and networking.
* Experience working with deployment/maintenance of complex multi-tier application.
* Experience with setting up and configuring new machine and SQL servers.
* Experience with spatial Data using SQL server is a plus.
* Experience working with Reporting tools like SQL Server Reporting Services.
* Good understanding of writing SQL Queries, Stored procedures/PLSQL, Indexes.
* 3 years of minimum full life cycle projects experience.
* Good understanding of software engineering principles and methodologies.
* Experience with deploying and configuring products to the cloud.
* Experience with AWS.
* Degree in engineering or equivalent experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2458913
Category: Impact Forecasting
Location: United States, IL, Chicago
Aon provides professional services, including a range of risk, retirement, and health solutions.