Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon EMR team in Amazon Web Services!
Amazon EMR is a web service which enables customers to run massive clusters with distributed big data frameworks like Apache Hadoop, Hive, Tez, Flink, Spark, Presto, HBase and more, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We run large number of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets. We are developing innovative new features including our next-generation cluster management system, improvements for real-time processing of big data, and ways to enable customers to more easily interact with their data. We're looking for top system engineers to help scale, automate and operationalize our systems.
Your key responsibilities include:
* Identifying and developing processes, tools, automation, and software changes to address top operational issues
* Working in close collaboration with software development leadership and support operations technical leads to shape the future roadmap and establish strong operational readiness across teams
* Leading change to develop simple, elegant solutions to complex operational or reliability challenges
* troubleshooting, diagnosing and fixing production software issues (C/C++, Java, Ruby, Python),
* Develop metrics to measure, monitor and enforce production hygiene in the both our software and hardware lifecycle management
Roles within EMR are much more dynamic than a traditional enterprise where developers equally participate in ops tasks including customer outreach and the on-call rotation. We find that this overlap of roles helps to ensure that the engineers who own software can also experience it in production and are motivated to actively maintain it.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.