What you'll be doing...
As a PegaSystem Architect, you will play a significant role in the delivery of the Pega Decisioning platform for the Systems of Insights (SOI). You will be responsible for the development of the components and functionality outlined in the requirements, ensuring that the application quality and design is of the highest standards. The application will need to meet the needs of the business today, but also support future expansion. The SA is the most technical resource on the team. Using your expertise, you will be responsible for developing the Enterprise class structure and fundamental design of the application.
In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams to propose comprehensive solutions and create business and system requirements under the lead of the Business Analyst (BA). Your primary function will be the development, management and enhancement of the Pega Decisioning Platform.
* Coordinate and facilitate the technical aspects of the solution. Provide technical leadership to extended project team.
* Work with cross functional teams to architect the best possible solution design and define project roadmap.
* Contribute as part of the technical team in gathering and understanding requirements, and assessing risk and pain points.
* Responsible for the technical solution within the Pega tool including Enterprise class structure, data model and application framework.
* Architect the technical solution, and lead the technical team in development activities.
* Assure adherence to the Pegasystems development guardrails as well as the original design principles.
* Access Pegasystem's centralized support infrastructure.
* Continuously provide knowledge transfer to the extended team.
* Derive and enforce best practices in PEGA architecture / design / coding and ensure compliance with coding standards.
* Perform code reviews to test application quality.
* Review alert logs to insure quality standards. Run pre-flight and PAL to insure performance and quality.
* Contribute to creation of Functional Design, Construct Class Hierarchy and Object Models and Define Test Strategy.
What we're looking for...
You have experience in designing, developing and supporting high volume transactional enterprise components/applications. You are self-motivated and an innovative thinker, who loves learning new technologies and applying them to develop scalable, efficient solutions in a fast moving and quickly evolving environment.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Four or more years of software development experience.
* Two or more years of hands on Pega Development experience using PRPC.
* Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Certified System Architect (CSA).
* Certified PEGA Lead System Architect.
* Pega Decisioning Consultant Certification.
* Experience working with Pega API.
* Two or more years of experience leading Pega Development team.
* Experience in delivering Pega projects right from inception state till transition/go live using Pega methodologies.
* Experience or willingness to work in an Offshore-Onsite model (CLSA)/CSSA.
* Pega competency in the following areas:
* Pega organizational routing process
* Integration (ex. Soap) and their error handling
* Custom CSS and UI components
* Reporting (ex. Report Definition)
* Data structure and concept of Data Pages
* Experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing.
* Experience delivering large scale systems.
* Experience with Pega Decisioning Logic implementations at an Enterprise level.
* Experience with PRPC Flows, Activities, Reports and Correspondence.
* Enterprise Class Structure experience.
* PRPC Integrations experience.
* SQL experience.
* Pega PRPC guardrails experience.
* Business Intelligence Exchange (BIX) experience .
* Experience in J2EE development.
* Experience in Web Services development.
* Middleware Integration (MQ series or similar) experience.
* Database SQL query optimization experience.
* UI development experience.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.