How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Are you a highly motivated individual who enjoys problem solving and seeking a position that directly impacts our national security? Are you a self-starter who enjoys working with skilled IT professionals who are passionate about their work and part of a high performing team? Are you in search of a program that provides up to nine years of stability while working for one of the largest Defense Contractors in the space industry? If you answered yes to any of these questions then look no further as Raytheon is currently seeking an experienced Systems Application Maintainer to provide dedicated system maintenance support for real-time signal processing and command & control systems at one of several 24/7 secure facilities worldwide.
Position is contingent upon contract award. This position requires a candidate who is familiar with ITIL processes and able to provide dedicated Tier 2 system software application maintenance support over the life of the program. The Systems Application Maintainer will not only apply their existing technical skills to select systems, they will also have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and grow professionally by learning how to maintain additional systems across multiple customer sets. In addition, qualified candidates will coordinate with other program stakeholders and customers to ensure optimal system availability for mission execution while creating efficiencies when addressing issue, problem and access control and anomaly resolution. Qualified candidates will also have the option to support both 8x5 and 24x7 positions and choose from a number of geographical locations both CONUS and OCONUS to best fit your personal/professional goals and objectives. If you possess these skills and interests, we want to hear from you!
Note: Additional requirements such as providing back-fill support for mission support shift maintenance personnel during leave absences will occur on a rotating basis with other day staff members. Must be available for unscheduled call-in as well as prearranged support during periods outside normal business hours. 24x7 support may be required depending on customer needs. This position is also able to support either higher or lower grade level Systems Application Maintainer positions upon contract award.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills with strong technical writing skills
* Must possess current IAT Level I certification IAW DoD directive 8570 (i.e. COMTIA SEC+ CE or higher)
* Current TS/SCI with favorably adjudicated CI Polygraph is a customer requirement and a pre-requisite to be considered
* Experience with and full understanding of ITIL processes or managed service provider processes
* Proven problem solving and IT troubleshooting skills (Linux, Windows or Unix) in an enterprise environment
* Experience working with ticketing and tasking systems such as Remedy, HP SM9, ServiceNow
* ITIL v3 Foundations Certified
* Service Operations Certified
* Working knowledge of networking technologies and protocols
* Proficient with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, UNIX, Solaris, Windows
* Database Administration experience
* Working knowledge of server/storage/desktop virtualization technologies AWS, VMware
* X-Midas experience
* Familiarity with server hardware technology (i.e. HP & IBM)
* Understanding and experience supporting digital signals processing or communications theory
* Requires a BS degree and minimum of 4 years of prior relevant experience, OR possess equivalent experience (12 years) in lieu of a degree.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Springfield
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.