Wanted: a System Administrator to work with a collaborative team of skilled system engineers. We are a tightly-knit and diverse team of IT professionals that provides cloud-based services for the Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs in their mission to modernize health care for the warfighter and veterans. This position involves partial telecommuting.
As am employee owner, you will:
* Work with a team of motivated and highly skilled professionals.
* Receive a robust benefits package that includes an Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
* Be part of an empowered accountability culture where each employee-owner has a meaningful stake in the future success and growth of the company.
A week in the life of a System Administrator:
* Serve as an administrator for Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Operating Systems, and RedHat
* Create and maintain virtual machines using tools such as VMware vSphere, vRealize and others.
* Assist users with issues as they arise that relates to their virtual machines.
* Assist users with Active Directory accounts and permissions.
* Patch, upgrade, and/or modify Esxi and HorizonView.
* Utilize our IT Service Management tool to track, monitor, and document incidents, problems, changes, and service requests.
* Monitor system performance and take corrective actions.
* Leverage knowledge database to troubleshoot incidents.
* Create knowledge articles and SOPs as needed.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. AWARDED BEST OF THE BEST by U.S. Veterans Magazine and TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY COMPANY by MilitaryFriendly.com, Join us!
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret clearance.
* DoDI 8570 IAC Level II Certification within 6 months of hire.
* Minimum 5 of years experience in systems administration and working on complex systems and software programs
* Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems
* Work on site (Rosslyn, VA) three days per week
* Working knowledge of ITIL service delivery framework.
* Account management and group policy experience using MS Active Directory
* Virtualization experience using VMware / vSphere
* Systems administration experience with RedHat 7 and Windows (2008, 2012, 2016) operating systems.
* Experience providing general technical support for both hardware and software.
* Experience using ITSM tools, such as, HPSM, Remedy, or Service Now.
* Proficient on MS Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
Preferred working knowledge of the following:
* Configuration and change management
* Asset Management