Leidos is looking for a System Administrator (SA) to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across mission critical exploitation capabilities as we continue to push the technology forward. As a System Administrator in the National Solutions Intelligence Group, you will join a functional team of accomplished Software Engineers that deliver quality solutions to address the toughest national security challenges. Candidates should have the ability and the willingness to tailor applications to a client's specific business goals using an agile methodology. They should be able to articulate the problems and resolutions to management, complete daily, weekly, and monthly checklists and provide effective, timely and helpful customer support to users of networks.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
The SA shall provide day-to-day administration, operation, and maintenance of systems and associated networks. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; assistance in resolution of user questions/problems with regard to installed systems and equipment; corrective and preventative maintenance support to identify and correct performance and implementation failures, faults or defaults that impair system/equipment performance and functionality; coordination of warranty work, troubleshooting and emergency repairs to effect immediate corrections so that operations are not interrupted; preventative maintenance to adjust, maintain, or otherwise improve performance or enhance the overall maintainability of system/equipment modification and/or correction.
The position requires an individual that can perform prompt, efficient, and professional support to user for their assigned sites, can track and report on the status of work; is able to provide front-line troubleshooting; and is able to utilize a background of experience to resolve issues. Staff in this labor category should possess strong customer service skills, be able to articulate (written and verbally) the problem/issues at their site, and articulate solutions to management.
* BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience and at least 8 years of experience in monitoring, managing and administering, implementing Windows based servers and system in a production environment.
* Performing prompt, efficient and professional support for their assigned site(s), reporting on the status of the work on assigned sites in their area of responsibility (AOR)
* Providing front line troubleshooting and support to users at their assigned sites(s) and to other users requesting support, and is able to utilize a background of experience to resolve issues at their assigned sites(s) and other users as necessary.
* Proficiency in using Microsofts' System Center Components to monitor health and configuration of their assigned resources in an automated method
* Creating and maintaining accounts for these users as required using provided tools
* Applying patches and updates to deployed equipment
* Updating site based line images on a regular basis as required by the appropriate System Security Plan SSP) and in accordance with the local management
* Support and maintain the following applications:
oNetwork License Servers, Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM); Failover Cluster Manager; ArcServe Backup Manager; Windows Powershell; Windows Powershell ISE; Citrix Netscaler; and Citrix XenApp;
* Knowledge and understanding of the following Forensic Applications:
oAccess Data Forensic Toolkit (Lab); EnCase Forensic; and X-Ways
* Managing tape backup server, tape backup library, and tape workstations user-to-archive user data and perform system backups, refilling the inventory of blank tapes, managing other than normal operations, and identifying and correcting unexpected situations
* Managing and maintain storage utilizing:
oWindows Storage Spaces Direct; Storage Array Network (SAN); External JBOD (RAID Management); and Internal Server Raid
* Distributing baseline images and configurations to workstations utilizing:
oWindows Sysprep (desktop); Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (WADK); Unattended Answer file; Windows Deployment Services (WDS)
* Recognizing failed hardware such as hard drives, power supplies, components, or entire servers
* Maintaining on promise cloud (examples: Azure, AWS, Openstack) infrastructure systems
* Configuring and monitoring Microsoft (current Version) DNS and DHCP Servers
* Configuring and monitoring systems/servers utilizing Failover Cluster Manager Tools (RSAT)
* Scripting languages, mainly but not limited PowerShell, to automate tedious, repetitive, and/or error prone tasks related to installation, confirmation, and management of IT systems and services
* Following detailed instructions to identify, troubleshoot, and replace faulty equipment
* Maintaining Skype for business Server and client installations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.