It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The System Administrator II is responsible for the planning and coordination of updates, enhancements, and expansions of servers, storage (SAN), backups, and email. The position also manages and monitors corporate hardware and cloud environments; develops technical enhancements, solutions, and efficiencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Manages and monitors system assets, limiting focus to servers, storage (SAN), and core infrastructure applications, including VMware, Commvault, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Windows Server, and Microsoft Active Directory.
* Plans and coordinates the updates, enhancements, or expansions of infrastructure assets listed above.
* Coordinates with outside vendors and resellers, any necessary maintenance or service of servers, storage, and cloud applications.
* Provides key input into the development and implementation of related policies and standards.
* Assists in the development of solutions and efficiencies to address issues that have been identified in other business units.
* Meets with business units and IT associates to define issues and develops solutions and efficiencies to address identified issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations.
* Ability to write routine reports, procedures, and business correspondence.
* Ability to read, write, analyze and comprehend simple instructions, financial reports and/or legal documents and business correspondence.
* Ability to respond in writing to customer complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in one-on-one and group situations, to managers, customers, clients, other employees in the organization, and the general public.
Education and Experience
* BS/BA in computer science or a related field is required, or
* Three to five years of work-related, on-the-job training, and/or vocational training.
* Microsoft Server OS
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Microsoft Exchange/Exchange Online
* Microsoft Azure
* Enterprise Level Patch Management
* VMware vCenter/ESXi
* SAN administration
* Windows Command Line
* Ability to quickly master new IT processes and tools.
* Ability to relay technical information in business terms.
* Advanced problem-solving skills required to find solutions to problems that are technically complex and require collection, interpretation and analysis of data from diverse sources.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses or Registrations
* VCP, MCSA, MCSE, or a similar certification preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.