Position Objective: The position is in the implementation and operation of several ColdFusion Federal HR web applications in an Agile/DevOps environment, and requires technical architecture design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and documentation skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work with Federal managers to define the business requirements of various HR applications.
* Support and development of complex ColdFusion applications that make heavy use of MS SQL stored procedures for system logic and database transactions.
* Deep knowledge of complex SQL queries, stored procedures, SQL views, SQL indexing and tuning, relational database design and modification, primary and foreign keys and relationships, SQL scripting, database altering within version control, and working with big data.
* Skilled with FTP, SFTP, SMTP, SSL, LDAP, AD integration, PIV card integration for SSO, AWS and other cloud-based technologies.
* Responsible for creation and modification of Enterprise-class centralized data-transfer APIs and webservices which integrate into multiple FDA and external applications and systems.
* Create training documentation, provide technical support, and assist with training on the use of software applications and operating procedures to end-users.
* Utilizing best practices and security practices and ensuring maximum application performance.
* Working in an extremely high-security government environment, following federal government IT policies and procedures.
* Review and organize all operational documentation related to the use of systems as well as ensure systems compliance with company and government policies, procedures and security standards.
* Perform and document unit, integration and performance test/analysis of developed software.
* Able to meet tight deadlines in a high-paced, technically demanding environment.
* Able to work with minimal direction.
* Excellent and professional oral and written communication skills.
* Train and mentor lower level developers when necessary.
* B.S. Degree in Computer Science (preferred) or Information Systems, or relevant professional experience with degree is required.
* 5 years' total experience in development and maintenance of web-based dynamic database-driven applications.
* 5 years' experience in ColdFusion. Working knowledge of ColdFusion 11.
* 5 years' experience in SQL Server 2012 or greater.
* 3 years' experience with Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools.
* ColdFusion Development and operational support experience 3+ years.
* MS SQL or other database development and operational management.
* Project support to include requirements development, documentation, operational support, bug identification, tracking and remediation.
* Knowledge of Federal Government terminology and operations (preferably Human Resources environment).
* Must be able to pass client and company security and background investigation process.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GAP Solutions provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job us at email@example.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
GAP Solutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.