We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced System Administrator to join our Technology Team. This role is a split role between Help Desk and Infrastructure based tasks.
As Architectural and Engineering company we are constantly watching the market trends and how technology advancements can augment our processes. This has allowed us to make changes to our IT infrastructure over the last 4 years, and we continue to see opportunities to adapt to the needs of our clients and internal staff. Our IT team consists of 8 staff who report to the Corporate Technology Leader. Each team member has specific skills that complement the group, as a whole.
This new team member will be responsible for direct IT support of 100+ architects and engineers locally and assisting the IT team in supporting 430+ staff firm wide. We have developed a dispersed, high performance, agile IT team with members residing in multiple locations across the US. Additionally, we intentionally plan IT projects where team members from multiple locations come together to work on the project. This gives team members knowledge of the location infrastructure, direct knowledge of the IT project, and allows team building within the IT group.
The ideal candidate for this position has great people skills, solid technical knowledge of Microsoft/VMware based infrastructure, and an ability to document processes for both the IT Team and end users. We are looking for a critical thinker, someone who looks at a situation and not only sees opportunity for improvement, but also voices their observations and provides solutions to the team to evaluate and implement.
Responsible for the maintenance and support of computer and network systems, along with assistance of local and remote users.
* Develop and Maintain the computer imaging and software installation tools
* We are expecting this position to "own" our 2019 SCCM environment
* Monitor networks to ensure security and availability to HED Staff.
* Monitor and Deploy server and workstation patches and software updates
* Isolate and analyze issues within the server and network infrastructure.
* Maintain integrity of the network and security infrastructure.
* Assign permissions to company resources to users.
* Troubleshoot problems reported by users for servers, desktop computers, printers, mobile and desktop phones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
?Performs additional duties and projects as required or directed by the supervisor. ? Job Qualifications:
SKILL, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
* 5+ years work experience in supporting a multi-site windows environment required.
* MCSA Preferred but not required
* Experience in the following systems:
* Microsoft SCCM 2016+ Requred
* Must be ready to build and manage computer images
* Must be able to set up packaged software deployments
* Must be able to deploy windows updates via SCCM
* Microsoft Server 2012+ - Required
* Active Directory 2012+ - Required
* PowerShell Scripting - Required
* Cloud hosting services such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud - Preferred
* Microsoft Teams/Skype for Business - Preferred
* Microsoft Office 365 Administration - Preferred
* VMware V-Sphere & ESXi - Required
* Extreme Networks - Preferred
* Palo Alto Firewall - Preferred
* OKTA SSO and MFA - Preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills conducive to a help desk environment.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
* Ability to lift 50 pounds.
* Ability to travel between offices.
* Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of current job responsibilities, the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, time-sensitive assignments, or technological developments), may be required.