The purpose of the System Administrator position is to maintain, document and build Voxx International's servers, Active Directory forest, VMware environment, Citrix environment and SAN appliances. This position ensures that all servers, appliances and documentations are up to date.
* Install, configure and manage VMware vSphere and ESXi Host Environments. (VMware 6.x)
* Configure/troubleshoot VMware HA, DRS, FT
* Perform P2V migration, deploy VM's from template with customization tool, clone VM's and build VM templates.
* VMware diagnostic, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
* Monitor virtual environment using vCenter and vRops.
* Provide support and assistance to Network Engineer(s) and external vendor support staff in the delivery of End User support and Systems Maintenance
* Active Directory and Windows Server Administration (2008/2012/2016)
* Microsoft SQL 2012/2014/2016 administration such as database creation, migration and database backup maintenance plans.
* Understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and Local Area Networking.
* Configuring and installing client and server software to upgrade and maintain Windows systems.
* Managing assigned projects.
* Administration of systems and servers to ensure availability.
* Troubleshooting of Server hardware and software applications to resolve operational issues and restore services including documentation of solutions.
* Make recommendations for upgrades to the environment to maintain adequate capacity, performance and supportability.
* Ad hoc projects as assigned by management
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* AS degree or equivalent work experience
* MCSE, MCITP, VCP5-DCV/VCP6-DCV or minimum of 3-4 years demonstrated hands on experience.
* Palo Alto firewall and Juniper switch experience preferred
* Experience with hyper-converged infrastructure and EMC
* Strong project management skills.
* Strong technical written and verbal communication skills (Technical writing and Documentation of Infrastructure)
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
VOXX International offers all full-time employees' medical, dental, vision (company fully pays vision), 401(k), life insurance, short-term disability and long-term disability and gym membership.
VOXX International is an EOE.
About VOXX International
VOXX International operates as a manufacturer and distributor in the automotive, premium audio, and consumer accessories industries worldwide.