How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Company is looking for a Systems Administrator to support an immediately available position supporting an exciting and fast-paced customer mission.
The successful candidate for the Systems Administrator position will be part of a team that provides 24x7 monitoring support to Client/Server and Network Operations. The right candidate must be proactive with a demonstrated competency in performing the duties of a System Administrator with responsibilities including, but not limited to the following:
* Implementation of baseline changes and ability to respond to change requests
* Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers
* Build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects
* Operate and maintain supported servers
* Create and document new methods supporting network/system operations and implement changes to procedures (when necessary)
* Consult with support teams, help desks, customers and other technical staff in the resolution of problems
* Coordinates and performs operation and/or maintenance activities for networks and servers
* Identifies recurring problems and recommends steps to reduce the severity or frequency of problems/issues that may arise and recommend steps to reduce the severity or frequency of occurrence
* Take appropriate action to maintain system availability, review system anomalies, perform initial troubleshooting, generate and route SRS tickets to the appropriate service providers for timely work-off
* Maintain current and accurate logs, accurately documenting all system outages and pertinent follow-up information as required
* Remain current with Standard Operating Procedures, System manuals and control logs
* Maintain accuracy of all System Analyst tasks
* Continual strive to develop knowledge base and skills as necessary to support the constantly evolving technical environment
* Working knowledge of the following: Remedy - SRS, HP Openview, Lotus Notes databases and email
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Ability to thrive in a team environment
* The ability to work closely with the CSM Management, Client/Server, and Network professionals within a customer environment
* US Citizenship is required along with an active TS/SCI clearance with poly from day one of employment
* This position requires shift work with hours 6:30am - 6:30pm
* Bachelor's degree in Math, Science, Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
* Six (6) years or more of experience, 4-7 years of which are direct System Administration Experience
* Direct relevant experience may be substituted for a degree
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.