"Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is seeking a System Administrator in Washington, DC. Duties will include:
* Work within a team environment that are responsible for daily operations of the DHS I&A network infrastructure
* Responsible for the operational and developmental of classified network environments
* Ability to prioritize across multiple projects and meet specified deadlines
* Perform System Administrative functions to include patch management, documentation creation, documentation revisions, and code installation
* Team Player and Self Starter
* Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
* BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and five (5) years to eight (8) years of progressive, relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* Proficiency with SUSELinux/Linux/Unix Systems for application support on Apache Tomcat servers
* Proficiency in VMware Virtualized environment with Windows 2008 RT2, 2012 standard or enterprise, VMware VSphere6 infrastructure design and implement ESXi Clusters and Host
* In depth knowledge of Dell EMC Data Domain storage management, replications, and backups.
* Extensive experience performing troubleshooting of classified networks
* Extensive Linux Patching utilizing YUM
* Ability to create and maintain detailed network documentation
* Basic knowledge of network infrastructures
* Experience working within an AWS environment
* Preferred Qualifications (desired but not required):
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business
requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.