Who We Seek:
* Passion Seekers. You genuinely care about the work that you do and its impact on society.
* Self-Starters. You're a go-getter who isn't afraid to step up and disrupt the status quo.
* Entrepreneurs. You bring fresh ideas to the table, work hard, develop business and consistently seek new challenges.
* Collaborators. You're a great contributor to a high performing team that accomplishes great feats for our clients.
What You Will Do:
The Sybase DBA will be a critical member of a team of DBA's providing on-site client support weekdays between the hours of 6 am and 10 pm and on demand. Candidate is expected to perform troubleshooting, administration, monitoring, tuning, and operations functions on Sybase databases for mission critical application for a federal government agency. Must be able to understand advanced database technology concepts at a detailed level, ask the right questions, and work well with vendors, SME's, engineers, management and customers. Excellent communication skills are important including an ability to explain complex database concepts to all levels of system users and management
What You Need:
* 7+ years of professional experience in Sybase.
* Experience in mission critical, high availability, high reliability environments.
* Strong knowledge of triggers, stored procedures, third party tools, replication, clustering, and transaction monitoring.
* Provide real time support to maintain the necessary functionality and respond to issues as they arise for Sybase Adaptive Server IQ, Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise, and Sybase Replication Server
* Provide Database Administration for the Sybase Adaptive Server Enterprise Administrator, Replication Server Administrator, Sybase IQ, Sybase Open-Switch, Sybase Anywhere, EA Server, and Sybase ETL
* Administer Sybase IQ and Sybase Replication Server by performing the following subtasks on the Windows NT, UNIX, or Linux platforms: install, configure, start/stop, upgrade and monitor.
* Operate, maintain, backup, and recover the Sybase IQ environment
* Support technical users by identifying and resolving user problems
* Provide administration for database including the following: install, configure, start/stop, upgrade, monitor, manage, and maintain the Sybase ASE
* Administer security procedures
* Bachelor's degree in computer related studies or equivalent.
* Sybase certifications or other relevant certifications a plus.
* Able to provide administrative support for Sybase ETL, Sybase SQL Anywhere, Sybase, Sybase Open-Switch, and/or Sybase EA Serve
* Knowledge to create and maintain replication tables, perform subscription materialization, define data server functions, establish replication functions, manage warm standby applications, maintain routes, maintain and manage database connections, handle errors and exceptions, recover databases, and reconcile database inconsistencies
* Able to work successfully in a fast-paced operations and development environment.
Attain is a place for great ideas and the people who have them. As a management, technology, and strategy consulting firm, our professionals provide innovative solutions to revolutionize government, education, health, and nonprofit organizations and positively impact those they serve. We are business analysts, technologists, digital strategists, managers of change, and forward thinkers, with the entrepreneurial drive to shape the future. Our team is present in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
Visit www.attain.com/careers to explore your path forward with Attain.