Roblox is ushering in the next generation of entertainment, allowing people to imagine, create, and play together in immersive, user-generated worlds. We're the one and only fastest-growing entertainment platform that lets anyone teach themselves how to code, publish, and monetize any experience imaginable-across any device-reaching millions of players across the globe.
The impact that you can have at Roblox is powerful. We're looking for someone who's eager to take on a meaningful role in the success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn't afraid to have some fun either. Someone who's ready to take Roblox-and their career-to the next level.
In 2018, we were honored to be recognized as a Certified Great Place to Work®. We've fostered a company culture that empowers people to do the most defining work of their career in an environment that's made up of the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. Join the Roblox team where play rules and the possibilities are endless.
Work with the most passionate, team-oriented, visionary, crazy-smart people you'll ever meet. The engineers at Roblox are working on the hardest problems in tech today - distributed systems, real-time communication, 3D co-experience, massive data processing, social networking, rendering, physics, and more. As a Roblox engineer, you will have real ownership and impact across one or more of these domains.
* Experienced: you have a BS degree (or equivalent professional experience) in Computer Science or related engineering field with at least 5 years of hands on experience.
* A coding champion: your prowess in a multitude of programming languages such as C#, Java, Go, Node.js, Ruby, empower your understanding of the challenges of building large-scale systems.
* Passionate about microservices, API's, and automation: you love building API's that enable people and computers to do more with less effort.
* Adventurous: you boldly go where no human has gone before; WSO2, GraphQL, Docker, Hashistack, Traefik, MSSQL, Hubot, InfluxDB etc. might not be technologies you've used, but you are keen to learn and grow.
* Adaptable: you are capable of adjusting to new challenges, and experimentation is in your blood.
* Develop and deliver groundbreaking tools and API solutions that enable our teams and systems to scale to meet the large scale and real-time requirements of our Imagination Platform™ and ultimately ensure our community has an awesome experience anywhere in the world.
* Identify and solve critical problems and prevent them from reoccurring via root cause analysis and automation.
* Create, influence, and improve the development platform, infrastructure, standards, and methods to ensure our goals of scalability and high availability.
* Develop and share best practices with development teams to improve the scalability and reliability of the Imagination Platform™
* Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
* A rewarding 401k program
* Flexible vacation policy
* Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
* Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
* Annual CalTrain Go Pass
* A Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
Roblox - Powering Imagination.
Roblox is a provider of a 3D creation, publishing, and gameplay platform that empowers players to create 3D models and games.