At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Expand your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies.
The Enterprise Services IT Solutions organization is seeking a Software Development Analyst to support software tools for the design of command, control and communication in both classified and unclassified environments for
the Aerospace Sector in Palmdale, CA. The position will support and maintain software solutions for the RT&E (Research,Technology & Engineering) program environment, and diagnose process and data issues on the suite of applications.
This position can be hired at the Software Development Analyst or Principal Software Development Analyst level. (based on appropriate experience and education)
The incumbent will perform as the liaison function between application business functions and sector business process functional home rooms. The position can be filled at either at the Software Development Level or the Principal Software Development Level, dependent upon the individuals experience and education.
The selected candidate will research, design, develop, and/or modify enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
He/she will be involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards. The selected individual will evaluate interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system. Document testing and maintenance of system corrections.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Works under general direction of manager and project lead * Independently determines and develops approach to solutions * Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contact * Requirements definition and planning * Server configuration consultation * Client PC consultation * Documentation of testing and maintenance of systems * License management * Trouble ticket resolution * Conformance to CMMI Level 3 processes
Basic Qualifications for the Software Development Analyst Level:
* 2 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors in Science degree, or similar technical discipline; 0 years of experience
with a Masters. (Appropriate combination of experience and education can be considered in lieu of the degree
* Familiarity with Engineering application support, development and maintenance. * Proven experience programming in Java, C, C and ASP.NET. * Experience with supporting applications and users within a large enterprise. * Experience with desktop, client/server and web architecture end-user support and incident resolution. * Ability to learn architecture of Wiring Design Environment, and maintain code base primarily in Java. * Active Secret Clearance required for consideration
Basic Qualifications for the Principal Software Development Analyst Level:
* 5 years of relevant experience with a Bachelors in Science degree, or similar technical discipline; 3 years of experience
with a Masters (Appropriate combination of experience and education can be considered in lieu of the degree
* Familiarity with Engineering application support, development and maintenance.
* Familiarity with the functions, processes, and capabilities of the Engineering tools used at Northrop Grumman as they apply to Agile Dev Ops Software, or systems product development cycles. * Experience with Northrop Grumman AS Sector standards of Teamcenter, CATIA and NX CAD. * Experience with Atlassian Suite Development Software coding tools is a plus.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman Corporation
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.