Enhance current products and create new products by designing and developing complex software programs and applications. This position is responsible for the development of user interfaces.b
* Use computer programming languages, software tools, and software development environments to code, modify, and maintain programs.
* Investigate assigned product issues, analyze layers of code for origin of bugs, and recommend solutions to cross-functional team (Development\Product Marketing).
* Gain complex product functionality and architecture knowledge.
* Strengthen knowledge in area of expertise (current language) and broaden knowledge in area of development.
* Analyze internal development process and make recommendations for changes.
* Produce Design Documents for assigned application features/enhancements.
* Review Marketing and Development documents to estimate time necessary for project completion.
* Provide feedback on functionality requests regarding feasibility and complexity.
* May serve as mentor to less-experienced developers.
* Organize and lead internal training sessions in specified product or technological area.
* Review projects to verify accuracy and effectiveness of coding.
* Active participation in code and design reviews.
* Serve as resource between departments on detailed technical product information.
* Assist in allocation of workload.
* May serve as lead for new product projects.
* Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies.
Education, Experience & Training Required:
* BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent years of work experience.
* 6+ years in a technical related field.
* Effective communication skills, focusing on presentation of technical information.
* Ability to pass a background check.
Job Specifi Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
* Advanced knowledge of software design and development process.
* Strong programming knowledge of Java, HTML, C, C++, HTML, Windows, or Oracle.
* Demonstrated knowledge of software tools, documentation process, and development process.
* Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
* Ability to work as an effective member of the team
* Able to take direction for m senior level engineers
* Able to implement assigned code direction
* Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining solutions.
* May determine methods and procedures on new assignments
* May provide guidance to less-experienced personnel Project lead experience preferred.
* Awareness of business issues and their impact on product development.
* Ability to research and analyze issues providing clear, concise descriptions of solutions, bringing ideas for solutions from a spectrum of sources and subject matter expertise
Concur is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, sex, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local law. We are committed to hiring and valuing a global diverse work team.
Concur is a dynamic, growing and fast-paced organization. As such, successful employees are able to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities often times under tight deadlines. This typically requires working a 40+ hour work week to accomplish performance objectives. With that, Concur offers flexibility as to the specific working hours that may be required or available depending on your role.
Concur is a SaaS company. Employees must be technically savvy with the ability to use the computer/keyboard and telephone to conduct business. The ability to creatively problem solve to our core value of 'Leadership through innovation in everything we do'. Many positions within Concur are customer facing so written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills are required for a majority of opportunities with Concur.
Confidentiality and our core value 'Personal and corporate integrity' are critical components being that Concur is a publicly traded company and working towards building a great, enduring company.
Concur participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.