StackPath is a platform of secure Internet services built at the cloud's edge. StackPath services enable developers to build protection and performance into any cloud-based solution-from apps, to games, web sites, and beyond-without needing cloud security and delivery expertise of their own. More than 800,000 customers already use StackPath services, ranging from early-stage enterprises to Fortune 100 organizations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, StackPath has offices across the U.S. and around the world. For more information, visit stackpath.com and follow StackPath at www.fb.com/stackpathllc and www.twitter.com/stackpath.
About the Role
StackPath is hiring a CDN Support Technician I for our Customer Support team. Our Customer Support Technicians empower StackPath customer by quickly resolving customer requests, creating support documentation, and proactively suggesting solutions to common customer issues.
Here at StackPath we pride ourselves at putting the customer first and our Customer Support team plays a vital role in shaping how we serve our customers. We are looking for passionate, intelligent, and motivated Support Team members that want to be a part of a quickly growing team focused on customer satisfaction, collaboration, and teamwork.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide customer support via a ticket, chat, and phone systems: Network, CDN, and Colocation to resolve customer requests
* Evaluate the nature of a customer's issue and either resolve the issue yourself or assign it to the appropriate support team
* Escalate urgent or advanced issues per standard operating policies
* Monitor global networks and server farms ensuring availability according to service level agreements
* Communicate and follow-up with customers within SLA
* Reference resources within and outside of the company, and communicate technical concepts to customers in a clear and concise manner
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
* LPIC strongly desired but not required. If you're interested in this certification, we'll help you earn it on the job
* Good written and spoken English and can speak confidently with customers
* Customer service experience
* The ability to answer technical support phone calls, emails, and live chats
* A basic understanding of how the internet works (DNS/HTTP/Networking)
* Familiarity with Linux and bash commands such as dig, wget, traceroutes, and nslookup.
* The ability to work holidays and have a flexible schedule
* The environment in our Technical Support Center is casual, fun and fast-paced
* Kind: You understand customers come first and do whatever it takes to help solve a problem and put a smile on their face
* Collaborative: You're always looking for ways to help, learn from others, and find the right solution, which may not be yours
* Pragmatic: Always looking for better ways to solve challenges and think things through in detail while keeping an open mind and the ability to adapt to new ideas
* Relaxed but focused: We like to have fun, but we work hard. The ability to balance both with some humor can make every day a win
* Awesome: StackPath Support takes pride in their work being students of their craft
At StackPath, we take care of our employees we provide competitive salaries and a full slate of benefits. We invest in our people to ensure that they have everything needed to excel on the job.
Our goal is to make the internet a safer place. We need more help from people with the right passion and skills to help us get there.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive.
StackPath is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
If your experience and qualifications match our current needs, a member of our human resources team will contact you. We look forward to hearing from you!
StackPath is a platform of secure edge services that enables developers to protect, accelerate, and innovate cloud properties ranging from websites to media delivery and IoT services.