Job Req ID: 2490
Job Title: Support Specialist II
All Covered, IT Services Division of Konica Minolta Business Solutions (KMBS), is the leading national IT services company serving SMB to enterprise markets. Offering a wide variety of career opportunities, All Covered is an excellent choice for motivated IT professionals interested in a stimulating and progressive work environment.
With over 1,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, All Covered has a highly skilled team of professionals focusing on superior quality service delivery to our customers. We offer hands-on technical training on the most relevant technologies in the industry and career path advancement in all levels of the company.
Please join us in our exciting growth and pursue a rewarding career with All Covered!
Konica Minolta currently has an exciting opportunity for a Support Specialist II!
The objective of the Support Specialist II (SS-II) is to provide superb customer service reflecting the client-centric and quality focused mission of All Covered through the direct provision of remote and on-site support to our clients. The Support Specialist II will interact daily with clients and works with other Client account stakeholders in understanding client support requests, technical needs and requirements. The Support Specialist II is primarily focused on a mix of end user support and entry level system administration functions.
Essential Job Functions
* Provide on-site and remote end user and server support with focus on:
* Client satisfaction
* Service delivery quality
* Technical excellence
* Proactive maintenance, documentation, and testing of client network environments through a combination of scheduled onsite and remote work using prescribed checklists
* Perform end user support as it relates to desktop, server and Mobile communication technologies.
* Perform Basic network diagnostics and repairs.
* Participate in technical discussions with clients and client stakeholders that impact the client's business continuity and growth.
* Develop Subject Matter Expertise in focused area(s) as local team, market and Regional needs dictate.
* Professionally document all work performed and submit accurate timecards on a daily basis.
* Maintain accurate and up to date documentation of client's network environment and supporting material that ensures consistent quality remote support by any member of the Service Delivery Team.
* Project Deployment - the SS-II will at times work with assigned project leads and Project managers, working assigned tasks and within defined project scope and milestones to ensure the successful deployment of I.T. projects for our clients
* Work with other team members to identify new revenue opportunities, primarily via projects, within their assigned clients
* Respond to communications from team members within timelines established by All Covered's communications standards
* Effective Utilization target of 95%
* Timely escalation of issues that prevents the SS-II from performing the above job functions.
* The SS-II is required to participate in the on call rotation that may include off hours onsite visits
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
* Advanced knowledge and proven record deploying and supporting Microsoft Office applications (Minimum Office 2007, Office 2010 and above preferred
* Basic understanding of and practical entry level Support experience of Firewall appliances and services (Cisco ASA and/or SonicWall NexGen models highly preferred).
* Basic understanding of the following protocols and networking services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switching
* Good understanding of and practical deployment experience of Client Mobile messaging devices including Blackberry, iPhone, Android handhelds and Tablets..
* Basic understanding of and practical support experience of Server Mobile messaging technologies including Blackberry Enterprise Server and Active Sync
* Basic understanding of and practical administration experience of Backup processes, software and hardware
* Basic understanding of WLAN, security concepts
* Proven troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
* Level 2 Escalation - Provide Subject matter expertise to diagnose and remedy end user issues that are escalated by Clients, client stakeholders and/or other members of the service Delivery team (Primarily from Support specialist I)
* Ability to communicate with users over the phone and provide remote support using a variety of remote support tools
* Must be a detail-oriented self-starter - function autonomously, with minimal supervision
* Strong team player
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to explain technical issues in clear and understandable language
* Strong customer service orientation
* Demonstrated dedication to consistent quality
* Possess valid and clear drivers' license and have access to a good working car and/or other form of reliable transportation as required
Experience, Educational Reqts and Certifications
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* At least one of the following industry certifications is required
* MCSA: Desktop
* MCITP: Windows Desktop
* MCTS: Adminsitering Office 365 or
* 1 core exam towards MCSA: Office 365
* CompTIA Network+
* Cisco Certified Entry Network Technician (CCENT)
* Minimum of 2 years' experience supporting and installing Windows Desktop operating systems (Windows XP and above)
* Minimum of 1 years' experience performing entry level Server/network administration (Windows Server 2003 and above)
Konica Minolta Offers:
* Competitive salary (base salary + commissions).
* Outstanding benefits package (including medical, dental, vision, life insurance)
* 401(k) plan with matching company contribution
* Generous holiday and paid time off schedules
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* Ongoing professional development training
Konica Minolta is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, disability, alienage or citizenship status, marital status or partnership status, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.