The Support Services Supervisor will report directly to the Sr. Manager of Data Center Operations as part of his/her management team and will be responsible for the organization and delivery of the Support Services function. This individual will supervise a team of approximately eight Support Services representatives tasked with providing Tier 1 support to PACSUN stores, corporate offices and our Distribution Center. The Support Services Supervisor is also responsible for participating in the recommendation, development and implementation of short- and long-term quality service strategies which improve Support Services operations and customer satisfaction.
* Responsible for assuring users are provided efficient and timely first and second level support on a 7x24 basis as well as being responsible for initiating and maintaining incident and/or outage communications to Senior and Executive management on a 7X24 basis. (position will be 8 hours but will be expected to respond off-hours in outage/emergency situations)
* Supervises, directs, develops, and evaluates Support Services personnel who are the first point of technical contact for our stores as well as corporate users here at PacSun.
* This person will meet with internal departments to identify Tier 1 work, process map such work for automation/inclusion into the Service Desk, as well as work with already supported groups to better define/refine ticketing categories to ensure we are gathering meaningful data.
* Defines SLA's and ensures that all calls are answered within the defined SLA's and/or issued to the appropriate IT department for resolution in a timely manner.
* This individual will generate reports based on ticketing data to facilitate in identifying resource allocation/constraints, break-fix statistics, incident trends as well as other useful metrics.
* This person will work very closely with the Network Services, Data Center Operations, Store Operations, Midrange Engineering, Programming Services and Facilities departments in order to improve performance as well as to define first call resolution activities within these group that are candidates for movement to Tier 1. (Service Desk)
* Manage escalations and ensure that customers are updated on requests in a timely manner.
* Define and provide incident/problem management along with root cause analysis resulting in the publication of "resolution run-books/wikis to be used by the support team.
* Assist in the development and maintenance of departmental procedures, incident reports, and other special projects as required.
* Manage assigned projects and tasks and plan sufficient time to achieve goals within deadlines.
* Demonstrate ability to further develop the skills of others and assist in identifying appropriate training needs of staff.
* Attend the IT Weekly Status Meeting. (Ensure relevance of contents for recipient audience)
* Perform mid-year as well as annual reviews for their direct-reports as well as defining goals in order to measure their performance.
* Ad hoc duties/projects may be added as requested by management.
* Bachelors or Associates degree in CIS/MIS or equivalent work experience.
* Requires five or more years of related technical and managerial experience in a help desk environment supporting Desktop, Wide Area Network, Point of Sale and Local Area Network equipment.
* Must have at least 5 years of supervision of teams of at least 5 people.
* Must have experience working in Help Desk or Call Center environments supporting both corporate and retail/store environments.
* Must have 4-5 years of experience as a phone service agent.
* Must have strong customer service skills and service oriented persona toward all users in all company departments.
* Prefer candidates with experience coordinating the implementation of POS hardware and software needs.
* Prefer candidate with MS Windows applications, Office applications, overall PC and laptop troubleshooting.
* Must have minimum 5 years of experience using an incident ticketing systems.
* Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus.
* ITIL training and/or certification is a plus.
* Need to physically be able to move and/or lift 50 lb paper boxes. Other job functions may require lifting floor tiles, kneeling, bending, and stooping.
Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc., doing business as PacSun, is a United States-based retail clothing brand rooted in the youth oriented culture and lifestyle of California.