Working at Microsoft:
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That's what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. At Microsoft, we also work to empower our employees, so they can achieve more. We believe we should each find meaning in our work and we ensure employees have the freedom and the reach to help make a difference in the world. Want to know more https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Unlocking New Possibility, Azure Stack:
Azure Stack is an extension of Azure, bringing the agility and fast-paced innovation of cloud computing to on-premises environments and enabling a truly consistent hybrid Cloud with global regions, service provider offerings, and enterprise customers using Azure and Azure Stack. Our vision is to offer Azure services virtually everywhere. Azure and Azure Stack enables customers to unlock completely news scenarios and business opportunities. We bring together the best of edge and Cloud. From factory floors, cruise ships, to oil fields, customers can address latency and connectivity while enabling efficient decision-making. Customers in regulated industries can develop in Azure with flexibility to deploy and manage global applications seamlessly to meet regulation and policies, all without having to change code.
Experience and Skills required:
* At least two years of Software development experience in PowerShell and C#.NET Framework SDK or other relative knowledge.
* Some experience with Microsoft Azure
* 3-5 years in Global Technical Support Center or customer service industry, product support, technical support, IT Admin support, consulting, systems or product development in an Enterprise setting.
Technical Acumen (Preferred)
* A working knowledge of the fundamentals of cloud computing.
* Good knowledge of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
* Good knowledge of Hyper-V configuration and administration
* Some experience with LDAP, Security, OS Internals concepts
* Some experience with networking concepts such as VIPs, Load Balancing, DNS, VPN
* Any experience with Open Source platforms and technologies would be useful.
We welcome applications from all potential & passionate professionals who really want to pursue their technical career with customer interaction in the world of Support Engineering.
... We would love to hear from you
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
An Azure Stack Support Engineer at Microsoft is an exciting & challenging role in the resolution with highly complex, technical, and escalated support incidents related to supporting Azure Stack customers via phone, web, email, chat and other support channels covering various development and deployments.
The successful candidate has the drive and intellectual horsepower to resolve the most difficult technical customer issues and work with the product engineering team to envision, design and develop advanced diagnostics solutions. Often through collaboration with other technical specializations; will be a technical resource for the team regarding case reviews, troubleshooting and effective customer interaction and will interface with the Azure Stack Product Group and various levels of management within customers, Partners, and Microsoft.
We are looking for talents that:
* Possess deep technical expertise. Can design and implement diagnostic solutions, solve complex technical problems through sound and creative troubleshooting.
* Demonstrate critical thinking, strong communication skills and ability to develop strategic on-going customer relationships.
* Enjoy team work, and actively contribute to their peer group as well as our customer account teams.
* Are available to work critical cases as needed on a 24x7 basis or through an on-call model.
* Can work weekend coverage as needed.
* Does not mind the occasional domestic and international travel.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.