imgix is looking for a hands-on Support Engineering Manager to lead our Support Engineering Team and help deliver the best level of technical customer support to our rapidly growing customer base. This includes delivering solutions to both technical and non-technical end users while also using a wide range of tools and technologies to gather data and communicate effectively. You would be responsible for managing the team who answers technical support tickets, assists with integration work while onboarding customers, and provides timely resolutions to technical issues reported by customers.
* At least 5 years of relevant experience in a technical support role, or related engineering role
* Strong problem solving skills, easily adaptable to new situations, and eager to learn and to contribute
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience working with command line tools
* Experience working with Zendesk is preferred
* Track record of supporting customers with a SaaS or IaaS product is preferred
About The Role:
* Manage the Support team, set up processes to enable them to be more productive, coach them on their career progressions
* Respond to incoming support tickets related to technical questions, service incidents, and other issues
* Provide support to customers, in terms of service and software functionality, incident resolution, and configuration
* Assist sales in providing technical answers and solutions to current and prospective clients
* Serve as an advocate for customers on product decisions and ticket resolutions
* Escalate to the engineering team to resolve complex support issues
* Contribute to the overall success of customers and imgix's customer support initiatives
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. The service consists of a top tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
We are located in downtown San Francisco, close to BART, Caltrain, and a really good sandwich place. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, the occasional team outing), vacation time is flexible, and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything they (reasonably) need to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus, and maybe even a laptop. The troposphere is the limit.
imgix is the leading provider of on-demand image processing for websites and mobile apps.