Support Engineer Certificate Operations
Req #: WHQ00015985-JM
Location: Chicago, IL US
Job Category:Information Technology
We have a wide variety of career opportunities around the world - come find yours.
The United IT team designs, develops and maintains massively scaling technology solutions that are brought to life with innovative architectures, data analytics and digital solutions.
Job overview and responsibilities
Responsible for managing logistics aspects of small to large size projects that are diverse, and moderately complex. Help coordinate project planning, training, execution, timing, functionality, quality and cost. Required to interact with vendors and contractors. Primary interface between IT Field Support and Regional Team. Involved in voice and data activities for projects. Responsible for updating the asset inventory database. Help coordinate the disposal or return of excess equipment.*There will be 6 regions within Field Service Delivery. (East, Central, Latin America, Mountain, South and West)
* Serves as a single point of contact for assigned projects and takes projects from original concept through final implementation.
* Utilizes expertise and leadership skills to define project objectives, develop detailed delivery plans, schedules, resource plans, and status reports.
* Attends project meetings and is will provide project tracking and analysis.
* Supports the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables (if applicable).
* Ensures adherence to quality standards, reviews project deliverables, and resolves issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met on time and within budget.
* Communicates with end-users to provide timely and accurate information and status updates.
* Responsible to provide accurate inventory of IT assets at project completion.
* Stays current with the advancements in IT technologies and project management skills.
* Works closely with Engineering and IT Field Services Support Role.
* Required to ensure the logistics of the project are coordinated.
* Document database requirements (Apollo, Shares, and Unimatic etc.) and ensure database is supplied in a timely fashion.
* Responsible to help coordinate the voice portion of projects.
* Travel will be required along with after-hours work and weekends.
* Associate degree or 3 years equivalent related work experience
* Strong leadership skills and excellent communication skills.
* Knowledge and expertise in IT process management, design and implementation
* Proven experience in successfully executing projects.
* Knowledge of Project Management processes and tools including MS Project, Peregrine Asset Center and Visio.
* Experience managing external vendors.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
* Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
* Reliable, punctual attendance is an essential function of the position
* PMI certification
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
About United Airlines
United Airlines is an airline operating a domestic and international route network.