Support Engineer - Azure App Services - Customer Service and Support Americas
No two days are the same in Customer Service and Support at Microsoft. We engage in challenging and complex problem solving. We constantly pick each other's brains and our minds are always abuzz with ideas for helping our customers throughout the world to realize their full potential.
Our team is open and welcoming, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are looking for talented people with a growth mindset, a passion for solving complex issues and obsession for customer happiness.
We are looking for engineers who love putting out fires - people who thrive under difficult and challenging circumstances, who enjoy getting involved in tough situations and learn at the same time.
If you love technology and believe that your abilities can be developed through effort and persistence, and it makes your day when a customer or peer thank you for your help, this may be the career opportunity for you.
At least 1 year of experience working directly with customers in customer service or customer facing industry, technical support, product support, IT Admin support, consulting, systems or product development.
What are we looking for?
Growth mindset - genuine desire and motivation to learn and develop yourself. You embrace challenges, and persist in the face of setbacks. You consider failure an opportunity to learn, so whatever it happens you win. You are passionate about "studying" and you are always actively seeking knowledge and more expertise.
Passion to serve customers, in fact, you are obsessed with them - you have a genuine desire to help even under the most challenging circumstances.
You can handle high pressure situations well - you maintain calm and composure on when stressful situations occur.
Finally you possess strong communication skills, the ability to work in a team, excellent problem-solving skills and capability to deal with changes in a really fast paced environment.
Ability and willingness to quickly ramp up on multiple technology areas as needed.
Extra awesome - Technical Skills:
Your ramp-up in this position will be much faster if you have the following technical experience and knowledge:
* Knowledge of IIS configuration and how HTTP requests are handled by IIS.
* Knowledge and experience with .Net Framework, ASP.NET, VB.NET and Webservers - IIS, HTML and CSS.
* Understanding of how HTTP requests are handled end-to-end including HTTP headers, cookies, etc.
* Working knowledge of Visual Studio and the Azure SDK.
* Ability to troubleshoot complex web application issues in an often ambiguous environment.
* Understand programming concepts such as call stacks, threading, synchronization, performance-related concepts and debugging.
* Familiarity with Azure services and offerings is a plus or experience in AWS or Google Cloud
* Familiar with code deployment models such as MSDeploy, Git, Github
We love to get to know candidates with strong technical background, nevertheless, do not shy away if you do not meet all the "Technical" requirements.
Location: Las Colinas (TX), Charlotte (NC), Fargo (ND), or Sammamish (WA) - USA
Primary shifts - Your shift can vary according to business needs. Examples - Monday to Friday, from 11 AM to 08 PM CST, or 09 AM to 06 PM CST; it may also include weekends.
* Please note that shifts might change according to business needs. Though schedule changes are not frequent, you will need to have flexibility to accommodate changes if needed.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits of working at Microsoft:
Microsoft values different life experiences and viewpoints. We seek out people from diverse backgrounds and encourage them to take risks and approach challenges unconventionally. We will invest in your health and financial future and encourage you to pursue your interests and passions away from the office. Our products and technologies help you balance life away from the office and enable you to manage your schedule efficiently.
We take your career seriously at Microsoft and will ensure that we provide regular reviews throughout the year to offer continuous feedback and support to inspire you, develop your skills and ensure your personal satisfaction and growth. The Microsoft performance philosophy recognizes higher performance with bigger rewards through a formal annual performance review.
You will be accountable for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our Enterprise customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage your investigation over the phone and Web.
When needed, you will transfer your cases to your colleagues, involve subject matter experts, or escalate to Engineering (Product Groups) and Management. Your day-to-day job will be about both providing technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues), and being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
Every day you will have to make judgment calls regarding your case load, how to prioritize it, how to maximize your effectiveness, how to set time aside to learn about our new products and technologies, and evolve as a professional.
How your day looks like as a Support Engineer - main responsibilities:
* Be available to take ownership of new cases and escalations.
* Provide support to Enterprise customers, partners, and other engineers.
* Scope customer's issues and support boundaries by collecting the relevant facts.
* Investigate the problem by doing your own research and by involving other teams as needed.
* Consult with your immediate peers or colleagues around the world, handing the case over to them if necessary.
* Escalate to management as necessary, acting internally as a customer advocate, and keeping the customers informed.
* Collaborate with peers, engineering, and management to resolve service issues and ito produce bug fixes, patches, test cases as appropriate.
* Ensure each support request assigned is handled to the highest possible customer satisfaction by setting the right expectations and fulfilling your commitments.
* Document your technical work and research in a detailed and comprehensive manner.
* Maintain a proactive approach to customer happiness, identifying and correcting customer satisfaction concerns before they become problems.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.