B. Riley Financial
B. Riley Financial, through its subsidiaries, provides collaborative financial services and solutions tailored to fit the capital raising and financial advisory needs of public and private companies and high net worth individuals. The company operates through several wholly-owned subsidiaries, including B. Riley FBR, a full-service investment bank and institutional brokerage; Great American Group, a leading provider of asset disposition, appraisal, corporate advisory and valuation services; GlassRatner, a specialty financial advisory services and consulting firm; B. Riley Wealth Management, B. Riley Asset Managementand B. Riley Alternatives, which offer investment management to institutional and high net worth investors; Great American Capital Partners, which originates and underwrites senior secured loans for asset-rich companies; and B. Riley Principal Investments, which invests in or acquires companies and assets with attractive return profiles.
We are seeking a full-time Support Desk Analyst III immediately to work in our Woodland Hills, CA office.
The Support Desk Analyst III is responsible for supporting on-site and remote corporate customers on all matters pertaining technical support. This individual will troubleshoot and follow up on incidents via in person visit, email, incident management system, and phone. The successful candidate will enjoy working with customers at all levels, be amicable, and have excellent communication skills. This individual will be able to work independently with little supervision and will have the ability to take on various projects. This resource is also expected to be a mentor to his fellow Support Desk Analysts and this individual will work on the Support Desk team within B. Riley Financial, Inc. at our Woodland Hills office.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
* Troubleshoots the customer's issue and resolve upon first contact, when possible.
* Accurately record and document all details of the issue or service request, including categorization and priority into the incident management tool.
* Monitors the progress of requests for support and ensures that customers and other interested parties are kept informed.
* Performs password resets and provides remote access/VPN support.
* Provides "how to" assistance on all internally supported devices, applications and systems.
* Leverages internal and external resources (knowledge bases, manuals, support sites, vendors, etc.) to answer questions and resolve issues.
* Contributes to the creation/facilitation/maintenance of FAQ documents, knowledge articles and user guides.
* Builds relationships with the Level 3 subject-matter experts to ensure that IT-delivered services and end-user productivity goals are understood and met or exceeded.
* Works as a subject matter expert in most IT technical matters.
* Will use technical ability to mentor to the Level 1 Support Desk Analysts
* An advocate for the customers to ensure he or she receives high-quality and timely service and support from the entire IT organization.
* Be an application advocate for the organization; if a user has an application need. The Analyst III will provide one of the many applications in our portfolio as a solution.
* Support Analyst III will be the bridge between the support desk and Server Team to help with minor server tasks.
* Be direct point of contact for the Great American subsidiary and will have in depth knowledge of the business operation and may field support calls from the European and Australian business units.
* Completes any other duties as may be assigned by the CIO or SD Manager.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
* Associate degree in Computer Science or related field. Bachelor's degree a plus.
* Technical Support certifications from CompTia(A+ and Net+), HDI, etc. extremely valuable.
* 8-10 years working in a Service Desk, 8 plus years experience in a technical support environment overall.
* Ability to understand various technical areas, hardware and software related to the operation of a Service Desk, e.g. Track-IT, VNC, ScreenConnect, SmartStation, Bloomberg, BlueMatrix, iStar and FactSet.
* Experience with vendor relations, exchange admin, server admin, level 2 network and ability to understand various technical environments within the enterprise including desktop architecture, Windows OS, Active Directory, Office 2013/2016 and Office 365.
* Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external users
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
* Ability to perform under pressure and experience handling escalated issues
* Good critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Must set high standards and integrity while motivating the team to succeed
* A strong desire to learn and a willingness to take on new challenges
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
* The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Some travel may be required and work over the weekends may be required as necessary
B. Riley Financial, Inc. employees enjoy competitive salaries, access to our 401(k) profit sharing retirement plan and our other benefits including paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave, voluntary group medical, dental, and vision insurance, and company paid life and disability coverage.
About B. Riley Financial
B. Riley Financial is a diversified provider of financial and business advisory services.