About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE, formerly NEASC), Curry College offers 27 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
The Information Technology Department at Curry College is accepting applications for a full-time Support Analyst III. The Support Analyst ensures the Curry community (administration, faculty, staff, students, and parents) gets the most out of technology systems and services in support of teaching, learning, administration, and student life. The Support Analyst provides exceptional Tier III customer service and technical support. Support Analysts must build and maintain strong working relationships within the Curry community.
The Support Analyst III provides customers with solutions for their incidents and service requests, using a variety of tools and personal experiences. Using both problem-solving and customer support skills, Support Analysts should work to resolve customers' requests on first contact and maintain ownership of requests to completion, especially when follow-up is needed. Customer incidents and requests should be escalated to department colleagues and third-party vendors, as needed, to ensure both timely and complete resolutions.
Curry College fosters a teaching and learning environment. As part of the role, the Support Analyst will keep their technical and customer skills current according to industry standards, department policies, and community needs. In addition, the Support Analyst will cross-train with department colleagues and mentor Student Support Analysts assigned to the department as student workers and/or student interns.
* Promote team and department culture of providing exceptional customer service and technical support through frequent communication, prompt support, meeting deadlines, and delivering positive experiences;
* Maintain effective and positive two-way communications between the Information Technology Services department and the Curry community;
* Encourage customer feedback and share with department leadership, and help ensure continuous quality improvement of services;
* Ability to assess customers support needs through phone, email, and in-person contact;
* Use IT Service Management system to document, categorize, prioritize, and communicate customer incidents and service requests within department and with customer;
* Provide complete solutions and escalate requests to appropriate team members or third-party vendors as needed to resolve customer incidents and requests;
* Empower customer independence by encouraging the use of Service Desk knowledgebase, online training, vendor specific materials, and other self-help resources;
* Implement decisive action appropriate to the role; assesses needs and concerns of the workplace environment to address current/future challenges and community needs;
* Responsible for tasks and systems outlined in Enterprise Support responsibility matrix;
* Uphold security standards according to industry best practices and Curry College policies.
Tier III Responsibilities -This is the highest level of support in a three-tiered technical support model responsible for handling the most difficult or advanced problems.
* Regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex;
* Applies full range of specialized skills and job knowledge;
* Frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs;
* May serve as lead on larger service requests and incidents;
* Performs broad and/or focused assignments under general supervision;
* Originality and ingenuity are often required to help establish procedures in functional area;
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks;
* Possesses broad job knowledge;
* Analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions.
* Develop personal training plan to enhance customer service, technical, analytical, and business skills (i.e. organization, task and project management) needed for current role;
* Cross train with team members to improve and expand everyone's skill sets thus allowing more efficient and effective delivery of technology services to the community;
* Mentor team and department members including both professional staff and student workers.
Policies and Procedures:
* Maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the network, systems and data;
* Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies, department policies, and related procedures; Recommend updates to all as needed.
* Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy;
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee
* A Bachelor's degree is required;
* 4-7 years of related experience;
* Experience using IT Service Management or work order tracking system;
* Exceptional communication, collaboration, organizational, and time management skills;
* The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload in a wide variety of settings and situations;
* Required to work (and/or be on-call) evenings and weekends;
* Valid driver's license required as incumbent may need to use personal car to transport equipment and drive between campuses.
* Flexibility to regularly rotate through different technical specialties and skill sets;
* Ability to thrive on change as products, systems, services, and processes evolve;
* Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual customer requests and/or situations.
* Previous experience in higher education;
* Certifications: Technical Support Professional, Support Center Team Lead (HDI) Help Desk Institute; Windows 10, Office 365 (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate; Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP); Net+, Security+ (CompTIA); Mobile Device Management (AirWatch, JAMF, Meraki); IT Service Management - Foundation (ITIL) Information Technology Infrastructure Library; Project Management Professional (PMI)
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.