Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal arts-based institution located on a wooded 131-acre campus in Milton, MA just seven miles from downtown Boston. Accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), Curry College offers 24 undergraduate majors, over 60 minors and concentrations, as well as four graduate programs.
Curry College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in every aspect of its operations. The College values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from a variety of backgrounds.
The Support Analyst ensures the Curry community (administration, faculty, staff, students, and parents) gets the most out of technology systems and services in support of teaching, learning, administration, and student life. The Support Analyst provides exceptional customer service in addition to technical support. Support Analysts must build and maintain strong working relationships within the Curry community.
Support Analyst II provides customers with solutions for their incidents and service requests, using a variety of tools and personal experience and technical knowledge. Using both problem-solving and customer support skills, Support Analysts should resolve customers' requests on first contact and maintain ownership of requests to completion, especially when follow-up is needed. Customer incidents and requests should be escalated to department colleagues and third-party vendors, as needed, to ensure both timely and complete resolutions.
Curry College fosters a teaching and learning environment. As part of the role, the Support Analyst will keep their technical and customer skills current according to industry standards, department policies, and community needs. In addition, the Support Analyst will cross-train with department colleagues and mentor Student Support Analysts assigned to the department as student workers and/or student academic interns.
* Promote team and department culture of providing exceptional customer service and technical support through frequent communication, prompt support, meeting deadlines, and delivering positive experiences; * Maintain effective and positive two-way communications between the Information Technology Services department and the Curry community.
* Encourage customer feedback and share with department leadership, to ensure continuous quality improvement of services; * Ability to assess customers support needs through phone, email, and in-person contact; * Use IT service management system to document, categorize, prioritize, and communicate customer incidents and service requests within department and with customer; * Provide complete solutions and escalate requests to appropriate team members or third-party vendors as needed to resolve customer incidents and requests; * Empower customer independence by encouraging the use of Service Desk knowledge base, online training, vendor specific materials, and other self-help resources; * Implement decisive action appropriate to the role; assesses needs and concerns of the workplace environment to address current/future challenges and community needs; * Responsible for tasks and systems outlined in Enterprise Support Responsibility matrix; * Uphold security standards according to industry best practices and Curry policies
Tier II Responsibilities:
The Support Analyst applies acquired skills and job knowledge in area of specialization; may adapt procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet needs of area of specialization; may work on non-routine tasks; resolves issues/makes working decisions within area of specialization or responsibility with minimal supervision. Professional who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Responsible for assisting Tier I personnel in solving basic technical problems; * Investigating elevated issues, confirm the validity of the problem and seek solutions related to these more complex issues. However, prior to the troubleshooting process, it is important that the analyst review the work order to see what has already been accomplished by the Tier I Analyst and how long the technician has been working with the particular customer. This is a key element in meeting both the customer and business needs as it allows the technician to prioritize the troubleshooting process and properly manage his or her time. If a problem is new and/or personnel from this group cannot determine a solution, they are responsible for raising this issue to a Tier III Analyst. This may include software repair, diagnostic testing, and the utilization of remote control tools used to take over the user's machine for the sole purpose of troubleshooting and finding a solution to the problem.
* Develop personal training plan to enhance customer service, technical, analytical, and business skills (i.e. organization, task and project management) needed for current role; * Cross train with team members to improve and expand everyone's skill sets thus allowing more efficient and effective delivery of technology services to the community; * Mentor team and department members including both professional staff and student workers;
Policies and Procedures:
* Maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the network, systems and data * Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies, department policies, and related procedures; Recommend updates to all as needed.
* Bachelor's degree required
* Flexibility to regularly rotate through different technical specialties and skill sets * Ability to thrive on change as products, systems, services, and processes evolve * Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual customer requests and/or situations
Other Requirements of the Job:
* 2-5 years of related experience * Experience using service management or work order tracking system * Exceptional communication, collaboration, organizational, and time management skills * The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload in a wide variety of settings and situations * Required to work (and/or be on-call) evenings and weekends * May need to use personal car to transport equipment and drive between campuses
* Previous experience in higher education * 3 or more years of related experience directly in Technical Customer Support Services * Certifications: Desktop Support Technician, Technical Support Professional (HDI) Help Desk Institute; Windows 10, Office 365 (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate; Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP); Net+, Security+ (CompTIA); Mobile Device Management (AirWatch, JAMF, Meraki); IT Service Management - Foundation (ITIL) Information Technology Infrastructure Library
Curry College is an equal opportunity employer that encourages diversity in the workplace.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.