Job Description :
Context / Scope:
The North American Innovation and Brand Change team is responsible for the end-to-end cross functional oversight and delivery of Innovation, Renovation & Supply Optimization programs from Gate 1 to Launch. Delivering programs on time, in full, and on budget while hitting COGs targets and maintaining quality is paramount. Sitting within the North American Technical organization, the Innovation and Brand Change Commercialization team acts as a business partner to the rest of NA Supply, Innovation (Technical and Marketing), Commercial and Brand Marketing. This role will be responsible for managing the delivery of multiple programs of varying complexity at any one time.
Purpose of Role:
Provides functional (project management) leadership to support the delivery of North American Supply Optimization projects. These programs can range in scope. Leads a subset of projects:
* Ensure the delivery of each program against the following KPIs:
* On time (measured by Gate 5 MAD commitment)
* In full (measured by line fill)
* On budget (as agreed to at Gate 5)
* Achieve COGs targets (Gate 5 costs)
* Quality (meet Diageo's Global Finished Products Standard)
* Bring creative solutions to commercialization challenges.
* Provides individual oversight and delivery of low to moderate-complexity programs
* Ensure new product development programs utilize proper Diageo methodologies
* Lead Supply's delivery of low to moderate complexity programs from Gate 1 through to 90 days post-launch against KPIs as outlined above.
* Provides Supply input and commercial grounding during project development phases, driving resolution of commercialization hurdles that may arise and managing regular project communications to Supply and Demand project sponsors, Technical Operations and the broader Supply community.
* Builds great relationships with stakeholders in NA Demand and throughout the Supply organization.
* Utilizes strong project management skills to develop and manage project timelines, addresses technical and resourcing challenges and ensures risk profiles and mitigation plans are developed and executed for each project.
* Consistently demonstrates pride and commitment to Diageo, behaves authentically, focuses on finding solutions, and develops trusting relationships across the organization.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
* 3+ years of Technical and Professional development experience in consumer goods.
* Requires a BS in Engineering or related Technical Field, with demonstrated knowledge of product commercialization.
* Strong business acumen, communication, interpersonal, influencing and relationship-building skills.
* Experience in leading a multi-disciplined team in an extremely fast-moving environment, with the ability to lead, thrive, provide guidance and cut-through in the face of great ambiguity.
* Successful candidates will have strong technical depth and performance management skills, dynamic cross-functional interaction, and highly effective project management, communication, and negotiation skills.
* Solid theoretical knowledge of primary package design, liquid development, and manufacturing processes and procedures.
* Role requires 20 - 30% domestic and international travel.
Worker Type :
Plainfield Tech Centre
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
Diageo is a multinational premium drinks business with a collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer, and wine.