Supervisor, IT Project Management Office
Robert Half is seeking a Supervisor of IT Projects and Portfolio Management that will provide supervision, leadership and management to ensure the smooth day-to-day operations.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
* Supervises small, medium and larger size assignments and projects including budget and all business documentation; responsible for meeting established project goals and objectives.
* Represents team in planning meetings; ensures that relevant information is communicated to immediate team and other impacted parties in a clear and timely manner.
* Works with vendors and staff on escalations or new initiatives and ensures they fall within their agreed SLAs.
* Reviews progress and goals regularly with business owners.
* Identifies resource needs and allocation, propose options for ongoing customer, network and project support including resource forecasting
* Manages resource forecasting in appropriate tracking tool.
* Works to provide figures as part of the budgeting cycle and works towards cost-saving initiatives throughout the year.
* Directly supervises or instructs professional individual level contributors and/or skilled support contributors in a recognized function or unit of the Company through the planning, assignment, direction, prioritization and evaluation of their work.
* Coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
* Completes and delivers performance reviews.
* Makes recommendations to more senior managers on personnel actions, including hiring, firing, promotion, discipline and employee compensation.
* Builds and maintains and effective team.
* Understands and manages department and Company personnel practices/policies; keeps team updated on general Corporate information.
* Facilitates effective collaboration not only in immediate team but also with other IT verticals, dev team, and business partners to improve efficiencies and support quality deliverables.
* Makes recommendations for hiring/firing/promotions based upon analysis and presents to manager for final decisions.
* Assist in assessing position requirements and job candidate skills
* Bachelors Degree in IT-related field or equivalent years of experience
* 3+ years of project management experience in a fast-paced IT environment, including direct experience working for a Global Organization and/or providing cross-cultural support.
* Strong knowledge and experience with IT tools and technologies as well as IT processes and methodologies including:
* Ability to diagnose and resolve technical problems quickly.
* Command of standard Office suite, particularly Microsoft Excel or an alternate reporting tool.
* Ability to use software specific to assigned tasks (e.g., Visio).
* Knowledge of process definition and continuous improvement methodologies.
* Understanding of Server, Networking, Windows, and Mac systems provisioning.
* Understanding of Technical and Deskside support processes.
* Understanding of endpoint monitoring and support tools (backup, vpn, anti-virus, patching, and encryption).
* Must be able to work independently and apply good judgment.
* Must be able to work within a team both as a leader and as a team member.
* Must be able to analyze, evaluate, and determine appropriate course of action.
* Must have excellent documentation skills.
* Must be able to work within a set department budget.
* Must be able to convey knowledge to customers, peers, and managers of widely diverse skill levels.
* Excellent customer service skills and customer focus.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability and desire to act as evangelist for technology.
* Passion and drive for technology as a service and business enabler.
* Must be able to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to increasing complexity and a faster pace of deployment.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment in solving problems and obtaining results.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
* Ability to multi-task.
* May be required to work long hours to resolve production or operational problems in RHI critical business systems.
* Capable of coaching, mentoring, training and, if necessary, disciplining others on the team.
* Capable of determining a project breakdown into manageable tasks.
* Capable and willing to learn new technologies in support of established and newly-identified business needs.
* Ability to work under pressure when outages occur.
At Robert Half, there's more to us than what we do. Learn about our values and what it's like to work for the largest specialized staffing firm in the world at our San Ramon, California corporate office. We are Robert Half - Take a look!
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.