Supervisor, IBX Technician
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That's why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it's our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
This role performs troubleshooting and supports customers. Supervises the project team. Typically has fewer than 2 years of supervisory experience and is not fully proficient in all areas of responsibility.
* Troubleshooting and fault resolution of reported/detected faults by investigating the issue, identifying the cause and implementing the required fix
* Summarizes the findings during the troubleshooting and produces incident reports for the customer
* Understands customer cabling requirements, performs site surveys, provides cost estimates to sales and installation of new cables
* Performs testing of cables before handing to customer
* Manages, briefs, and instructs vendors for installation, testing, and labeling
* Performs preventive maintenance to IBX equipment to prevent faults from occurring
* Assigns, instructs, and supervises IBX Technicians
* Plans core duties for IBX Technicians to complete
* Ability to manage and supervise the project team
* Handles multiple projects and assists in designating work to team
* Extensive knowledge in network and equipment platforms, systems, and circuits
* 5+ years' experience
* High School Diploma
* BERT and SONET test equipment
* Ability to work days/nights/weekends/holidays, if needed and/or required
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equinix is a data center and colocation provider for enterprise networks.