The Natural History Museums of Los Angeles County is seeking a Desktop Support Supervisor / G Suite Administrator. This position is responsible for managing and directing all aspects of end user support operations as it pertains to computer hardware and application software systems, which includes the administration of the organization's Google G-Suite environment. It is an exciting time as we embark new journeys of becoming a museum of, for, and with LA.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
1. Review, prioritizes, and schedules all work orders in the online help desk system to ensure work orders are resolved in a timely manner.
2. Performs as lead technician and escalation point for problem resolution by providing mentoring and guidance to desktop support staff.
3. Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end user workstations and related hardware, software, and networking issues in order to deliver the required service levels.
4. Administers, manages, and maintains the G-Suite environment, which includes Gmail, Calendar, Groups, Drive, Sites, Vault, Mobile Device Management, Chrome, etc.
5. Performs deployment, configuration and testing of G-Suite applications and integration with third party applications.
6. Escalates support issues to Google Support, follows up, and resolves them in a timely manner.
7. Performs email and data retention tasks using Google Vault to comply with legal records retention policies.
8. Develops and maintains IT documentations and procedures to improve support team knowledge.
9. Collaborates with other departments to identify user's needs and recommend solutions.
10. Develops and provides in-house training programs for staff in order to enhance users' proficiency in the use of G-Suite and office applications, and other technology resources.
11. Performs adds, moves, and changes to Cisco's VoIP phones, voicemail, Jabber, and other voice services.
12. Assists IT Director with researching technology, identifying trends, setting technology standards, policies and procedures, working with vendors, and implementing enterprise IT projects.
This position has the following requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in computer technology, or equivalent experience in Information Technology with at least three (3) years of experience in network and technology support.
* Must demonstrate proficiency and in-depth knowledge of Google G-Suite applications including use of provisioning tools, scripting, APIs, security controls, SMTP, DKIM, SPF, SMARC, and email routing protocols. G-Suite Administrator Certification preferred.
* Position requires a strong hardware support background for PCs, Macs, and mobile devices in an enterprise environment. Must be proficient in Windows, Mac OS, Microsoft Office Professional.
* Must have a working knowledge of Active Directory, and Windows network services (DNS, SHCP) and communications protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP) etc.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is especially interested in candidates whose background and experience have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to engagement and inclusion at culturally diverse audiences in museum and in sciences.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is seeking applicants who have demonstrated experience and commitment working with a diverse community. Salary is commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits. This is a full time regular, non-exempt position.
A cover letter, current resume, and list of 3-4 references are required for all applicants. Review of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Interested candidates please visit www.nhm.org/jobs and click the link of the position for which you are interested or go directly to the online application.
The Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email email@example.com for any application inquiries.