Partners Data Systems
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
Bachelor's degree in business administration, computer science, or other related field and seven (7) years business systems and/or project experience with exposure to systems or project development and testing, installation, and training.
* Coordinates planning and participates in implementation of software applications or upgrades. Serves as context expert for application being installed or supported. Assists in definition and development of documentation and training manuals for applications to be used to train system users.
* Executes and ensures that project plans and schedules are defined and maintained. Monitors compliance with definitions of project scope, timelines, and deliverables. Provides regular project status reports to internal management or others as necessary.
* Provides overall responsibility in testing new applications and changes to existing applications to ensure integrity and quality of data while providing and/or assisting in training of system users. Provides guidance in definition and development of test scenarios. Ensures that application errors and related issues are documented and their statuses are tracked in problem logs.
* Leads other business analysts in collecting, interpreting and documenting specifications required to develop new and revise existing software applications. Provides guidance in development of implementation of operational plans for new and existing business computer applications. Prepares proposals for projects as necessary.
* Defines and develops new system administrative procedures required utilizing new functionality resulting from system changes. Monitors system functionality and administrative procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
* Records time spent on projects to meet cost-recovery requirements. Coordinates and participates in 24 hour on-call program to support clinical systems.
* Compiles complete, concise, and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to applicable management staff. Assists in developing and implementing business strategies in departments to improved operational processing and productivity.
* Monitors development of specifications and establishes priorities for accomplishing design and testing of various projects. Coordinates or performs change mangagement functions for projects. Coordinates or develops disaster recovery plans for systems supported.
* Provides direct supervision to lower level Business Analysts; ensures employees are fully trained, responsible for own work and performs many like duties of subordinates.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Records time spent on projects to meet cost-recovery requirements.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
* Works with the vendor on all projects, including upgrades, server moves, monthly patches, pharmacy updates, new interfaces, etc.
* Develops and implements standard operating procedures for new and existing applications.
* Oversees the testing, documentation, and implementation of new and existing features, functions, and applications for UTSCAPs hosted applications.
* Oversees change management for existing application instances to ensure integrity and quality of UTSCAPs EMR instances as well as facilitates SWHR Change Management meetings.
* Manages the eClincialworks vendor relationship, in order to support our UTSCAP end users.
* Manages, mentors, and coaches the eClinicalWorks business analysts.
* Project management and coordination of eClinicalWorks application team projects, activities, and resource assignments
* Act as escalation point for eClinicalWorks application team analysts providing technical and management assistance
* Lead vendor relationships between eClinicalWorks strategic account managers and support teams.
* Manage eClincalWorks application team analysts through the communication of expectations, reviewing employee results, and coaching.
* Maintain quality service through establishing and documenting application team standard operating procedures, and ensuring team compliance.
* Provide technical and architectural leadership and support
UTSouthwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University community. In accordance with federal and state law, the University prohibits unlawful discrimination, including harassment, on the basis of: race; color; religion; national origin; sex; including sexual harassment; age; disability; genetic information; citizenship status; and protected veteran status. In addition, it is UTSouthwestern policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides high availability storage and backup automation solutions.