who we are
MOST CREATIVE MEDIA AGENCY NETWORK | 11 TIMES IN A ROW BY THE GUNN REPORT
MEDIA AGENCY NETWORK OF THE YEAR | CANNES LIONS 2017
OMD Chicago is a proud part of the global OMD network. We are dedicated to delivering insights that unlock demand potential, ideas that ignite consumer desire and results that accelerate business growth for our clients. We are a dynamic, creative and influential agency network that collectively combines to make OMD the most awarded agency network in the world.
what this role calls for
The following are the responsibilities and duties of the Supervisor, Automation Developer. Other tasks may present themselves beyond those specified as priorities and will vary with client needs, specific systems, and technologies.
Reporting to the Director of Data Visualization, you will be accountable for:
* Meeting with client teams to understand their unique situation, ask questions to get to the root of their problems, and explore solutions that help transform their business.
* Developing extract/transform/load processes that allow for the creation of Client reports and internal reference dashboards.
* Building visualizations that convey needed information and meet client expectations.
* Assisting in identifying and connecting additional data sources to new and existing processes, data repositories, and existing visualizations.
what you bring
* 2 years of background developing Data Visualization solutions using Tableau and/or Alteryx.
* Understanding of data modeling techniques.
* Experience working with relational databases (MS SQL) is required.
* Experience using Tableau and/or Alteryx for the creation of dashboards, standard reports and ad-hoc reports.
* Experience working with multiple disparate data sources in Tableau and/or Alteryx.
* Experience with advanced Tableau and Alteryx topics such as complex calculations, table calculations, parameters, and Alteryx macros.
* Familiar with Data Visualization best practices.
* Alteryx Designer Core certification.
* Strong experience with Alteryx analytic apps.
* Tableau desktop Qualified Associate certification.
* ETL processes
* Relational databases
* Business intelligence reporting
* Analytical thinking
* Ability to translate technical challenges into easily understood concepts
* Ability to foster a strong, cohesive working team
* Ability to give proper, thorough instruction
* Prioritization skills (multi-tasking)
We are an equal opportunity employer. Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) status: Exempt.
OMD reaffirms its commitment to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and to carrying out this policy at all of its offices. It shall be the policy of OMD to (1) recruit, select, hire, train, promote, pay, discipline and terminate employees in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, alienage, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other basis upon which discrimination against or harassment of employees or applicants for employment is prohibited under any applicable federal, state or local equal opportunity employment laws and (2) ensure that all personnel actions are administered without discrimination in violation of applicable law.