Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where we apply science and technology to make the world a safer place; now one of 2019 Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
We have an opening for a Business Analyst to develop business and technical process improvement strategies for Nuclear Materials Technology Program Superblock (SBK) databases. You will be responsible for identifying process improvement strategies and enhancements, developing new business processes using best management practices, creating strategic directions and developing schedules for implementation. This position is in the Nuclear and Hazardous Operations Program.
This position will be filled at either the E01.2 or E01.3 level depending on your qualifications. Additional job responsibilities (outlined below) will be assigned if you are selected at the higher level.
* Lead and conduct meetings with end users, functional groups, managers, and stakeholders to identify business process issues, define objectives, gather business requirements, evaluate and recommend effective solutions, and translate requirements into technical solutions.
* Analyze current SBK business processes and workflows that intersect with document control and records management, conduct comprehensive assessments for key operational processes, identify process improvement opportunities, document business requirements and functional specifications including developing process flow maps of current and future states.
* Collaborate with end-users, team members, and software developers to validate scope and requirements, develop creative and complex system solutions for enhancing productivity, usability and user experience, and ensure the implementation of technical solutions meet business requirements.
* Develop detailed test plan and test cases, perform verification of system changes, regression testing and document progress through issues tracking software.
* Develop custom applications on the FileMaker Pro platform including new feature/software implementations, maintenance releases, user acceptance testing, end-user training, and development of user documentation.
* Provide customer and application support to end-users with emphasis on application administration; analyze, interpret and resolve complex issues, troubleshoot, document and escalate issues, and work with software developers to resolve issues and deliver optimal solutions.
* Contribute to team functions including process improvement initiatives, standard operating procedures, knowledge sharing, research, development and implementation of specialized reporting requests, reporting and analysis of application data.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
In Addition at the E01.3 Level
* Lead process improvement project teams, analyze complex requirements, develop, present and implement strategies and process streamlining methodologies, new system strategies, and communicate solutions to stakeholders.
* Configure and test the FileMaker Pro databases and create streamlined process flow to ensure overall efficiencies are met; collaborate with multiple disciplines and work cross functionally to customize database applications.
* Train and mentor others on technical skills related to database management. Provide in-depth consultation to client and technical staff
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
* Extensive knowledge and understanding of relational database applications, software development lifecycle and experience applying related practices, standards and processes to user interface design and implementation.
* Experience using business analysis techniques to gather, analyze, evaluate, and interpret data, including demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills with the ability to anticipate, define, and solve problems using standard policies and procedures.
* Ability to develop application test plans and use cases, and leading and performing user acceptance testing for thorough verification of major and minor application updates.
* Experience in the use of reporting and summarizing complex data for support in the development and implementation of specialized reporting requests.
* Ability to provide customer and application support, including troubleshooting issues and provide informal and formal training for users.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and to effectively interact with customers, external suppliers, stakeholders, management, and software developers within a fast-paced diverse team environment, including strong organizational and time management.
* Strong business and technical writing and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate business requirements, technical specifications and develop training materials and user guides.
In Addition at the E01.3 Level
* Experience planning, designing and implementing complex improvements for business processes and workflow, requiring collaboration of multiple disciplines and management groups.
* Specialist-level knowledge and significant experience providing complex application software solutions using FileMaker Pro for business process efficiencies, cost reductions and streamlining of operations.
* Experience training/mentoring team members on complex technical directions and new systems requirements, developing process documentation and training materials.
* Knowledge of nuclear facility document requirements.
* Knowledge of document control and records management principles, regulatory requirements, process efficiency concepts, industry best practices, and standards implementation.
* Experience configuring FileMaker applications for mobile platforms.
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Security Clearance: This position requires an active Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance or active Top Secret clearance issued by another U.S. government agency at time of hire.
Note: This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), located in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay), is a premier applied science laboratory that is part of the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) within the Department of Energy (DOE). LLNL's mission is strengthening national security by developing and applying cutting-edge science, technology, and engineering that respond with vision, quality, integrity, and technical excellence to scientific issues of national importance. The Laboratory has a current annual budget of about $2.1 billion, employing approximately 6,800 employees.
LLNL is an affirmative action/ equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.