United States of America - Washington, D.C., USA - Washington, D.C.
Want to join the team that's building America's next submarine? AECOM is actively recruiting for a
Submarine Subject Matter Expert for work in the areas of requirements development and management for a Navy Submarine Program. This position provides direct support as Subject Matter Expert to the Principal Assistant Program Manager for Warfare Requirements (Navy O6) in matters relating to SSBN acquisition, operations and design.as part of the COLUMBIA Class Submarine Program Management Office (PMS397). Position is located on-site in the PMS397 spaces at the Washington Navy Yard and is considered a high visibility job as there are constant customer interface requirements.
General duties include:
* Assisting government and assigned contractor support personnel in the Program Office management and oversight of COLUMBIA Class Submarines.
Specific duties include:
* Manage a wide variety of submarine related project from initiation through execution ensuring the new design SSBN meets all operational needs and requirements
* Establish positive relationships with partners, vendors, managers, and employees enabling enhanced communication around all staffing activities
* Review project team deliverables to ensure quality and adherence to internal and government standards
* Develop strong relationships with customers to understand their needs, to anticipate obstacles to success, and to advocate internally on their behalf
* Active Top Secret Clearance, which requires U.S. citizenship
* 11-20 years of U.S. Submarine Operations with at least one tour on an operational SSBN
* Bachelor's Degree and Submarine Post -Department Head/SOAC graduate
* Knowledge of Acquisition Requirements development
* Position may require travel. Good written and oral communication skills and familiarity with word processing, database, spreadsheet programs and integrated software applications are required.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 220281BR
Clearance Required Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.