The Division of Communications and Marketing is seeking a part-time student web/digital assistant to assist with the maintenance of content on Stevens.edu. Reporting to the Director of Digital Strategy and Analytics, the web assistant will be part of a small team providing content and social media solutions and positive user experiences through collaboration with a variety of university teams.The ideal candidate will have experience creating/editing content in Drupal, Wordpress or other CMS experience. Strong preference for students capable of working Summer 2019 through May 2020.
Salary is $11-14 per hour, commensurate with experience. 20 hours per week.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Creating pages in Drupal
* Resolving user support requests
* Adding and updating content on Stevens.edu
* Updating broken links on Stevens.edu
* Correcting misspellings on the website
* Adding photo descriptions for SEO and accessibility guidelines
* Gathering website analytics reports
* Other related duties as assigned
* Stevens Institute of Technology student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
* Sincere interest in digital strategy, website development, web design or communications.
* Basic understanding of website architecture
* Drupal or Wordpress experience
* Experience using a WYSIWYG text editor
* Basic HTML skills
* Basic proofreading skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong communication skills
* Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and/or any programming languages is a plus
* Previous marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design or online engagement/social media work or internship experience is a plus.
* Photo and video editing capabilities is a plus
Division of Communications & Marketing
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police