This job code is utilized for the majority of our temporary hires. The individual is performing hourly job duties as defined under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is a paid summer internship role for a junior support technician based in our Redwood Shores HQ office. The role will provide support to HQ NSGBU users and remote sites, primarily in Redwood Shores. The role will also provide wider group support as directed by the IT manager and through work allocated via the IT Support service desk. The successful candidate will be expected to complete defined IT maintenance and support tasks directed by the IT manager and in support of the NSGBU PTIT, HQ based Senior technician. Work is managed through tickets generated via the IT Service desk system. The successful candidate will ensure that IT support requests are managed effectively and responded to in a line with agreed service levels, either by completing requests themselves or via subject matter experts within the team or wider business. Candidates must be prepared to undertake security clearance as part of the company's vetting procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Reporting to the Onsite IT Support Manager you will be required to: * Complete allocated tickets from the service desk system in line with agreed service levels * Assist colleagues on their tickets when you queue is completed * Provide in person or remote support via web conferencing tools
* Onsite Support will cover but is not restricted to: * Ticket queue management * Managing tickets through their full-service lifecycle using the OSVC and internal NetSuite Service desk system * Ensuring tickets are updated and customers are kept fully informed of progress * Support for MS Windows all current versions
* System and application support * Desktop PC/Laptop installation/Mobile configuration * Anti-Virus Deployment and support * Updating Microsoft Active Directory and providing password resets * Peripherals support
* Maintaining accurate records of License Renewals (if needed) * Equipment Procurement and Stock management * Equipment Disposal
* Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, including installation and configuration * Working knowledge of computer and peripheral hardware servicing * Working knowledge of standard office software packages * Good written and oral communication skills * Ability to work effectively within a team environment
o Full training will be provided on the job
o Access to on-line training libraries will be made available to supplement existing technical knowledge
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.