Across our 40 schools in California and Tennessee, 4 regional offices, and Home Office based in Oakland, the Aspire team is made up of over 2,500 teammates working together to ensure College for Certain for all students. One of our core beliefs is that we are better together. By putting people first, prioritizing teammate development, and championing collaboration, we are better able to serve our students and families.
We operate with a growth mindset both for student learning and for staff development - wherever you are when you join, from there you will grow. We have built strong foundations for support across our regional offices and schools so that each teammate is set up for success. We also pride ourselves on remaining nimble in order to create or provide supports so that each teammate can maximize their development and their impact simultaneously. Visit Aspire Public Schools at www.aspirepublicschools.org.
The Information Systems Support (ISS) Analyst will provide Aspire teammates with technical customer support for multiple applications used for managing HR and student data, ensure data is correctly captured and tracked for reporting purposes, and support the beginning of year systems setup for Aspire.
The ISS Analyst, with guidance from the SIS Administrator, will be responsible for resolving Tier1 support tickets from Aspire teammates for key applications: UltiPro Core and WFM, PowerSchool, OnCourse, and ParentSquare. The intern will manage support requests using Zendesk, troubleshoot problems by telephone and email in a friendly and timely manner.
This is a temporary, part time position through August 2019.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Monitor Information Systems support queue in Zendesk and email. Resolve assigned tickets expeditiously, and escalate to SIS and HRIS Administrators when appropriate.
* Provide excellent customer service (primarily using remote tools) to staff for issues related to software applications.
* Build and maintain collaborative relationships with teammates, external contractors, and vendors to ensure that Aspire's systems help the organization to function effectively.
* Receive and respond to incoming calls and emails regarding software problems. Track all work in helpdesk system.
* Support data pushes and synchronizations to/from information systems to ensure org-wide data integrity.
* Assist system administrators and software developers to ensure efficient and effective operation of the organization's overall computing environment.
* Assist with the development and improvement of support documentation based on learnings.
* Support the mission, vision, and core values of Aspire Public Schools.
* Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Thrive on diagnosing and resolving technical and process problems, helping people use software more effectively.
* Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new software and effectively share knowledge with others.
* Familiarity with information systems used to facilitate data capture, reporting and collaboration.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize, multi-task and efficiently manage workload.
* Exceptional communication (written and verbal), diagnostic and teaching skills.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Flexibility and willingness to pitch-in as needed as part of the technology team.
2) Minimum educational level:
* Associate's degree OR combination of a High School Diploma and 1 year of work experience
3) Experience required:
* 1+ years working with information systems (HRIS and Student Information Systems experience preferred).
* Experience providing customer service (using a help desk software application preferred).
* Experience or strong interest in K-12 public education a plus.
* Experience working in dynamic, high-performing environments.
Aspire Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. Aspire promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.