As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will perform structural analysis on pressurized components for various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of fluid systems and fluid system component design. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Structural design consultation and structural analysis of fluid systems hardware and mounting
* Improving enterprise analysis capabilities such as creating process automation tools for model creation, strength checks, and analysis report generation
* Supporting configuration development and trade studies
* Identification of opportunities for safety improvements and weight savings
* Providing technical guidance and oversight for designers completing structural analysis
* Maintain and report on activity schedule and technical status
* Minimum of a B.S. degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
* 3+ years of experience with the structural analysis of pressurized components and systems including tubing/piping, pressure vessels, and valves
* Experience with FEA analysis tools (ANSYS preferred)
* Working knowledge of 3D CAD programs (Creo Pro/E and Pro/E Piping module preferred)
* Working knowledge of manufacturing methods, material selection, testing, characterization & allowables development
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience with fatigue analysis and fracture mechanics (hand calcs, NASGRO, VCCT, etc)
* Experience with the application and use of welding and/or casting
* Experience with cryogenic and elevated temperature systems
* Working knowledge of composite overwrapped pressure vessels (COPVs)
* Demonstrated process automation experience using scripting (VBA, Matlab, Python, FORTRAN, etc)
* Experience with one or more of the following analysis codes: Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus, LS-Dyna, Optistruct
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.