Aon is looking for a Strategy Leader/Architect - IT Infrastructure
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon's Cyber Solutions in New York, NY.
Your impact as Strategy Leader/Architect - IT Infrastructure
The Strategy Leader/Architect - IT Infrastructure role is to serve as a key member of the Information Technology department's management team. The Strategy Leader/Architect - IT Infrastructure is also responsible for all aspects of developing and implementing information technology initiatives within the organization. They will lead Systems Engineering function for Aon Cyber Solutions. This is a hands-on architect/senior system engineer role who will be mentoring our systems engineers. Ensure efficient operations of IT infrastructure, oversee on-site and off-site redundancy of customer data, and respond rapidly to any server and storage problems. Perform risk analysis to avoid any issues with IT systems, and quickly develop solutions to ensure high systems availability.
Hands on technical leadership role for corporate and customer-facing solutions, server platforms, virtualization, storage systems and security infrastructure. Delivered accomplishments in incident response and remediation, datacenter and corporate support, systems analysis, technical document development, technology vendor management, contract negotiations, and team building.
* Prioritize and Supervise Engineering staff and delegation of projects.
* Motivate and develop direct reports and other staff.
* IT project planning and management
* Technology vendor collaboration
* Business continuity planning
* Storage and compute management
* Systems engineering
* Developing and implementing highly available and scalable technology infrastructures
* Technical product evaluation and selection.
* Strong communications skills.
* Ability to present technical concepts and create technical documentation.
* Team player, Goal oriented, with initiative to work until job is complete.
* Extensive knowledge and experience of compute environments, multi-tiered storage architectures and all aspects of component connectivity. The following technologies preferred:
* UCS Blade Infrastructure Knowledge.
* EMC VMax.
* EMC Isilon.
* Oracle RAC.
* Citrix Technologies including Netscaler.
* Ability to analyze and compare best of breed technologies.
* Oversight of monitoring solutions to provide quick issue response and resolution.
* Extensive knowledge and experience with multi-site architectures and high availability configurations.
* Strong ability to assess disaster recovery functionality within every layer of the Infrastructure.
* Thorough understanding of security vulnerabilities in each environment and importance of risk assessments.
* Experience with satellite office solution architecture for LAN, MAN and WAN distances.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 10+ years of experience as Senior Technology Professional.
* Strong interpersonal communication and clear and articulate speech.
* The ability to expertly convey information in non-technical terms with professionalism and confidence.
* Capacity for adaptation to a rapidly changing environment.
* Thorough experience within all areas of infrastructure including network integration.
* Must be technically hands-on and able to offer assistance with tasks.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Join our Talent Community to stay informed about Aon opportunities.
Job number: 2458805
Category: IT Management
Location: United States, NY, New York
Aon provides professional services, including a range of risk, retirement, and health solutions.