Job posting title
Strategic Project Manager
The Strategic Project Manager will direct, manage and/or support multiple small to large projects in support of various divisions which may include strategic planning, operational planning, business development and performance improvement projects. This is a high impact position that requires strong organizational & communication skills and project management experience.
* Identify key project team members by defining roles and responsibilities to create a project organization structure in order to execute the strategic objective.
* Record detailed customer requirements, constraints, and assumptions with stakeholders in order to align on project deliverables.
* Execute the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals
* Manage changes to project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate & updated.
* Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
* Clearly communicates project related information and ideas to project team.
* Ensure all expectations are clearly defined, documented, and measureable success points are identified.
* Proficient in developing and delivering status reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
* Estimating time and cost for activities, estimating the resource requirements for the activities
* Education: Bachelor's degree in the areas of IT, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, Business Administration or related field preferred.
* Experience: 3+ years Project Management-relevant work experience. PMO, PMP, or Six Sigma Project Management Certification. 1+ years managing operating budgets and/or project financials.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Requires minimal supervision; models effective leadership skills; communicates effectively with other project team members.
* Works creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork & innovation.
* Listens intently to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate, and allowing for professional courtesy in conversations.
* Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members.
* Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership.
* Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
* Proven ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective.
* Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross - functional environment.
* Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
* Detail oriented with excellent follow through skills.
* Ability to prioritize, plan, and organize work and deliverables.
* Influential, focused, and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure.
* Fast and responsive, deadline driven.
* Takes steps to preserve the high confidentiality of strategic business data.
JR-01033 Strategic Project Manager (Open)
Number of openings