Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Strategic Initiatives Manager - Financials Development
The Manager of Strategic Initiatives establishes, oversees and helps implement initiatives to accelerate our Financials development team's processes. This role must collaborate both within and across the organization in order to advocate for improving existing capabilities as well as managing strategic initiatives. This leader drives key development projects forward, assesses risk, and ensures communication to key stakeholders. The successful candidate has a passion for driving continuous improvement and thrives in an employee first, customer centric culture.
* Establish a culture of process to become a world class data driven development organization
* Focus on continuous improvement efforts to improve, simplify and streamline processes
* Work with all the teams that own the data to ensure we can get the data we need in a meaningful format for analysis
* Monitor & Analyze trends and provide the key insights that drive the behavior of the team in terms of prioritization and assignment of resources
* Analyze feedback from all customer channels
* Provide insights to support customer enrichment - improving uptake, resolving performance issues, etc.
* Development Organization Point Person for all outbound groups, such as Product Management, QA, Support, Services and other Product Pillars
* Enable process improvements with cross functional groups
* Drive Development Leadership Initiatives, keep all stakeholders informed on progress and challenges
* Lead/Facilitate Strategic Projects such as key customer implementations/go-lives, Application to Application dependencies, Tools Framework Uptake, etc..
* Collaboration - builds strong connections across Products, Tools, Services, Support, etc.
* Communication - strong presence and ability to communicate appropriately across different levels and roles
* Data Curator - leverages data from multiple sources to make informed decisions; assesses multiple viewpoints and come up with a path forward
* Problem Solving - thinks about problems from different perspectives and leverages data driven analysis; proactively identifies challenges and roadblocks within the development organization, actively works with Development leadership to resolve
* Project and Program Management - manages multiple strategic programs and projects across development organization; delivers on key milestones
* Strategic Mindset - sees the big picture and outline key outcomes;
* Detail Oriented- awareness of operational metrics and success measures; tracks, coordinates and documents progress toward these key metrics
* Results Oriented - works closely with development team to deliver key initiatives and outcomes
* Influence - Has a point of view on matters related to the organization. Is able to influence with intent, facilitate and coach to influence outcomes & decisions related key initiatives
* Product Development Knowledge - understand the SDLC, Agile and release schedules
Workday is a company providing enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.