Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout-you just grab and go! Customers simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what they want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go!
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology, which automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you're done shopping, you can just leave the store. Shortly after, we'll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our Just Walk Out Technology uses a variety of technologies including computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth's most customer centric company and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art and impacts the daily lives of our customers.
As a Store Customer Experience Designer for Amazon Go, you will work at the intersection of customer behavior, business goals, highly technical boundaries and physical space to continuously invent components, programs and experiences that customers love for their simplicity, function and magic. You will be part of a lean, agile team that creates and executes designs that span a variety of physical experiences that are new to the world.
The ideal candidate will:
* Advocate for the customer and creatively shape and simplify the customer experience through a human-centered design process that balances data, customer insights, scalability, craftsmanship and discerning taste.
* Assess customer desirability through success criteria and effective metrics in the context of business viability and technical feasibility.
* Take a hands-on approach and roll up your sleeves to shepherd an idea from conception through production to successful implementation.
* Understands CX design user testing, prototype and development approaches and best practices.
* Designs are cohesive, on-brand and incorporate best practices. Understands the technological, customer, and design trade-offs to implementing a new design and makes educated recommendations based on this. Works creatively around difficult limitations.
* Familiar with and can educate others on the technologies utilized in the product.
* Able to suggest alternative design approaches based on knowledge of technology capabilities.
* Works upstream of the Amazon Go Store Development team to invent and evolve physical store design standards, experiences, catalogs, and toolkits
* Focuses on highly ambiguous problem areas in existing or new system of systems tech initiatives while delivering results. Capable of building design solutions that integrate difficult technical solutions, with minimal guidance from others.
* Considers ergonomics, customer traffic flows, and operational flows to optimize designs and experiences for customer desirability and frictionless interfaces
* Participates in hands-on development of low and high fidelity prototypes including (but not limited to) casework, fixture, structure, and signage to simulate, test, and evaluate new user experiences
* Helps develop and translate Marketing, Operations, User Experience and Brand voice into cohesive design solutions
* Works with key internal and external stakeholders (including architecture firms, manufacturers and third-party vendors) in the production of comprehensive shop drawing packages, permit sets, prototypes and first articles
* Impacts the CX of components and product features. Improves usability and demonstrates how a component or feature could be implemented through guidelines.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.