Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Storage Software Engineer
As a Capital One Software Engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems using the hottest techniques in Big Data. You'll bring solid experience in emerging and traditional technologies such as: node.js, Java, AngularJS, React, Python, REST, JSON, XML, Ruby, HTML / HTML5, CSS, NoSQL databases, relational databases, Hadoop, Chef, Maven, iOS, Android, and AWS/Cloud Infrastructure to name a few.
Accountable for designing, implementing and maintaining enterprise-wide storage solutions as well as engaging in business projects to create customized solutions, both internally and Cloud managed instances/environment. Will participate in defining long term planning activities for all aspects of the enterprise storage environment including storage arrays, Storage Area Networks, monitoring, administration, performance and business continuity.
The ideal candidate will be able to be a hybrid resource, supporting the hardware side as well as the software side for cloud support and migration.
* Supporting storage infrastructure within datacenters.
* Upgrading small remote locations to the cloud.
* Troubleshooting issues (2nd and 3rd), providing break fix management and technical support.
* Continuously improving software engineering practices by staying on top of latest and greatest tech trends
* Working within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies.
* Participate and/or perform vendor evaluations, proof of concepts and testing of proposed solutions.
* Assist with defining, documenting and maintaining IT strategy and standards.
* Develop and document best practices for installation and administration of storage solutions.
* Responsible for designing and implementing business continuity solutions focused on operational high availability (on premises and public cloud), disaster recovery, backup and archiving.
* Assist with the design of redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery to ensure effective availability, protection, and integrity of data assets.
* Partners with business customers to provide value-add solutions and enhancements to their processes, projects and services.
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 2 years' experience in software development.
* At least 3 years of experience supporting a data center environment from a SAN infrastructure
* Certification in Cloud environments (AWS/Google - GCP/Microsoft Azure)
* Experience with Agile practices and Scrum methodologies
* Two years' experience in vendor management
* Two years' experience in public cloud technologies or having current certification(s)
* At least 3 years experience supporting a data center environment from a SAN infrastructure with the following (at least 3) ;Cisco MDS SAN Directors, EMC Symmetrix, EMC Centera, EMC Isilon, Hitachi Virtual Storage Platform (VSP/G1000), NetApp or Pure Storage.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.