Minimum Clearance RequiredPublic Trust Responsibilities
ISYS Technologies delivers emerging technology solutions through our diverse and talented employees who are dedicated to our customers' success. We empower our teams, contribute to our country and operate responsibly. We are a reputable award-winning WOSB providing Engineering and Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) services to the Federal government. Headquartered in Colorado, ISYS serves key national customers throughout the United States with a presence in more than 16 states.
ISYS Technologies is seeking a Storage Engineer
* Public Trust
* Collaborate with Program Management to assess and to review the current gaps and deficiencies in the as-is Storage & Backup environment, and take direction from management on sequence and prioritization to close gaps
* Perform as a Storage Area Network (SAN) Systems Administrator, to manage the installation, operations and maintenance of SAN hardware, software and utilities
* Support application software and data
* Debug SAN hardware and network issues
* Support SAN setup, configuration and operations
* Support performance tuning and capacity planning in an enterprise data center environment
* Design, plan, implement, support and administer all aspects of SAN Storage, IBM and Hitachi Enterprise Storage Servers/Arrays and Storage Area Networks
* Provide expert support for systems storage devices such as, but not limited to, Hitachi VSP series, IBM Spectrum Virtualize (SVC) and Brocade fiber switches
* Provide expert support with information systems security, operations, techniques, and standards in a SAN environment
* Monitor the performance and provide recommendations to improve the environment using tools such as Spectrum Control (Tivoli Productivity Center) and Brocade Network Advisor
* Provide recommendations to improve the environment, propose solutions to issues, develop and lead new projects, maintain current documentation, attend scheduled meetings, and implement industry best practices
* Design and develop operations and maintenance procedures and manuals for key Storage hardware, software, and services
* Storage Architecture in SAN environment:
* 5+ years' experience with Design, Planning, Implementation, Support and Administrative aspects of: SAN Storage, Unix Operating Systems, Tivoli Storage Manager, IBM SVC, IBM and Hitachi Enterprise Storage Servers/Arrays and Brocade Storage Area Network switches
* Experience with software products, such as: SAN Volume Controller (Version 8.1), Tivoli Storage Productivity Center (v5.1) Hitachi: Storage Navigator 2, Brocade FOS v7.4 & V8.2. Brocade Network Advisor v14.4
* Ability to communicate effectively to convey information to a diverse audience
* IBM: Tivoli Storage Manager (Versions 7.1 and 8.1), Tivoli Workload Scheduler (Version 9.1)
* Installing, Configuring, Administering and Troubleshooting of SAN Storage, UNIX, Windows and Tivoli Storage Manager Servers in a large datacenter environment
* Experience in the analysis and resolution of complex problems involving SAN Storage, Backup Systems, and Unix/Windows Servers
* Familiarity with Hitachi 3390 emulation & Hitachi Dynamic Provisioning
* Provide support for SAN support systems such as, but not limited to, Windows based SAN administrative servers. TCP/IP network configuration and firewalls
US Citizenship is required.
ISYS Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected Veteran status, or disability status.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly sit, walk, stand and climb stairs and steps. May require walking long distance from parking to work station. Occasionally, movement that requires twisting at the neck and/or trunk more than the average person, squatting/ stooping/kneeling, reaching above the head, and forward motion will be required. The employee will continuously be required to repeat the same hand, arm, or finger motion many times. Manual and finger dexterity are essential to this position. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception and telling differences among colors. The employee must be able to communicate through speech with clients and public. Hearing requirements include conversation in both quiet and noisy environments. Lifting may require floor to waist, waist to shoulder, or shoulder to overhead movement of up to 20 pounds. This position demands tolerance for various levels of mental stress.
ISYS Technologies is an Engineering and Information Technology Company focused on providing Services to the Federal and State Government. ISYS offers a competitive compensation program and comprehensive benefits package to our employees.
About ISYS Technologies
ISYS Technologies is a company providing information technology and engineering services to federal, state, and local governments.