JP Morgan Chase
Storage Architect- NAS
Req #: 190000175
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
As an experienced Infrastructure Architecture professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing and operational stability will help your team deliver high quality products. You'll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You'll see your ideas come to life as part of a small, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world to tackle big challenges.
You will be joining an elite team that is responsible for designing, building and managing three entire datacenter footprints specifically for the purpose of enabling the entire firm to implement and test state-of-the-art infrastructure and application resiliency capabilities. To support this program, we are building out three full datacenter footprints and then layering on top an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) platform, a Cloud Foundry based Platform as a Service (PaaS) solution and eventually a Kubernetes based Container as a Service platform. We are also designing and implementing a process and automation strategy for onboarding, testing and decommissioning entire application infrastructures. As a member of our Lewisville, Texas Infrastructure Engineering team you will be required to collaborate with members of a global team that is producing storage solutions across all Lines of Business throughout the organization.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines, as well as business processes
* 5+ years of engineering and solution design experience with SAN, NAS, Object Storage, WORM technologies, Software Defined Storage, and Storage Networking with 3+ years' experience in an associated technology (Server, Networks)
* Advanced experience configuring, deploying, and supporting Netapp and EMC Products (ECS and Isilon), Storage Tools, VMAX, HUS, SolidFire, ScaleIO, along with associated HW based replication and point in time copy solutions
* Advanced knowledge/experience in smartQuotas, Smartconnect, SyncIQ, Cloudpools, Smartdedupe, smartlock and creating and troubleshooting snapshot, snap mirror, snap vault, aggregates/qtrees/volumes, multi-protocol access, CIFS and NFS
* Advanced knowledge of security best practices, business continuity/resiliency, and disaster recovery
* Experience working in an agile development environment and with tools such as JIRA, GIT, Jenkins
* Demonstrated knowledge of one or more private cloud based technologies (e.g. vCloud, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry), as well as cloud orchestration and automation (Kubernetes, Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
* Good communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships with senior architects to achieve common goals
* Good attitude and analytical skills to work independently with little guidance, should take ownership of work
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 50,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
So if you're ready to put your passion for technology to work in a way that makes a real difference, apply today.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.